Chapter 16

We struggled to get up.
"Why would you jump?" He asked me.
"You caught me!"
"But what if I didn't?"
We got into the car.
Words can't explain how happy I am to be out of that hospital.
"So...when are Ray & Prince coming back?" He asked me,"Haven't heard from them."
"They should be coming back soon. But I'm more focused on EJ."
After everything, I still haven't been able to see him. There's no telling where he went after they took him in for questioning.
"Last time I checked, he was at this foster home thing until you got out of the hospital."
"Why would they do that?" I asked,"He could've been with you."
"I guess they just figured I'd want to stay with you."

We soon pulled into the driveway of the house. I haven't been home in forever.
We walked in, and the whole house was messed up.
"Damn!" Roc exclaimed."We got robbed."
"Weren't you just here?"
"Yea...it must've been some quick thing. Go check and see if they actually took something."
I went to the back of the house, and checked all of the rooms. Everything was ok.
"This is strange." I muttered. When went back into the living room, Roc was sitting with a puzzled look on his face.
"How do you break into someone's house.....and not take anything?" He asked, with a chuckle.
"Exactly."

"Yall ain't get robbed!" I heard. I looked back and say Ray standing behind me.

"Me and Prince just been here looking for something he lost." He said.

I got up, and gave him a hug. "When did y'all get here?" I asked him, happily.

"Earlier this morning. Y'all were at the hospital I'm guessing."

I nodded my head. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Roc preparing to leave.

"Why are you leaving?" I asked,"Ray & Prince just got back. We should be celebrating."

"We'll be celebrating a funeral if we don't leave." He said

"Why?"

"EJ is in trouble."

"How do you know?!" I yelled

"The prostitute just told me!" He said

"The one you fucked?"

"Yes! Lets got!" He pulled my arm, and Ray's arm, and we left the house.