Chapter 9

"What was that Roc?" I said, slamming the car door. "Whatever you're hiding needs to come out now!"

"I'm not hiding anything, I just know it's not him."

"Bullshit."

I walked into the kitchen, and got the note I found the other day. I should've took it in for evidence. The body they found was older than the note.

"I don't understand why you think I'm always hiding something." He said, entering the kitchen.

"Because you always are Roc! Remember when before you left, you hid your feelings on how you felt until the last minute? And how when I saw you at the park, you tried to hide who took EJ? You hide everything!"

"I'm not trying to Tay! I wanna know where EJ is just as much as you."

I balled the note up, and put it in the drawer. "You probably already do."

I walked out, but he grabbed my arm. "I hate when you do that! What?!"

"You honestly think I would hide facts to a missing person? Especially someone I care about!?"

"A lot of people have two faces Roc!"

"Fuck all that! I'm wouldn't do that to you, or EJ!" He exclaimed.

"You could be bipolar for all I know! Shit, you never express yourself! You could be planning to take me out!"

He chuckled.

You can never get through to him. He could've killed EJ and put him in woods. He never says how he feels. He's so secretive it's ridiculous.

"Tay! Do you hear yourself? I'm one of your top supportive in this whole situation, and you think if betray you like that?"

I walked away from him, and into my room. He followed me.

"Get away from me Roc! Today has been very aggravating, and I don't want to deal with anything else. I'm done."

"Well...I'm done too."

"What are you gonna do? Go back to your playground? Huh?"

"No. I'm going back to the station."

"Why?"

"I'm gonna give my statement."

"Roc, cut the shit. You don't have a statement, and neither do I."

"But I'm the one who knows exactly where EJ is."