Chapter 4

"It's not acceptable." I said. After I left the station, basically causing a huge uproar in the whole building, I called my mother.

It's come to that.

I haven't talked to my parents since I moved in with Jaray.......we all know that situation.

"Honey..stay mellow." She spoke. My parents' "Lifestyle" doesn't really fit well with me. They're all....peaceful, and...colorful. I'm like this black cloud that wants justice out of a mysterious situation.

No one knows where EJ is, but EJ.

It's not like we can just yell "Hey EJ! Tell us where you are!" And expect a clear cut answer.

"How can you tell me to stay "mellow"? EJ is most likely dead!"

"How would you know this?"

"Because of the Serial Killer. That's the reason I walked out of the station today. I couldn't handle it."

As my mom talked, I saw Roc out of the corner of my eye. He was just sitting on a bench with the bag he had packed up. Staring at the traffic, and the people around him.

I told her I'd call her back, and parked my car at a parking meter. I got out and walked towards him.

"Roc." I said. Loud enough so he could hear me. He turned his head, and a very slight smile appeared on his face.

"Hey Tay." His voice was raspy. He wasn't as muscular. A lot changed in a few weeks.

I sat beside him. He reeked. No offense, but the smell was pretty bad.

"How've you been?" I asked.

"Ok actually. Just out here. Enjoying what I have."

He knows he doesn't have anything. He just wants to prove a point. I thought.

"Where you staying?"

He looked around. Acting like he didn't understand a word I said.

"Roc!"

"Yea?"

"I asked you where you were staying?"

He pointed behind him. He pointed over to an abandoned playground. None of the kids in the neighborhood play on it anymore because of the new one they built. The city decided to keep it up because of the Homeless People, who looked to it as a home.

"Why don't you just come back home?" I asked."I get that what I did was wrong in your eyes but shit Roc, it's better than living on a playground!"

"Taylen. I'm not coming back. At least not now."

"So you're just gonna stay here? In a park? Smelling like a rotten potato?"

"Yeah."

"All because I sent Ray away to a facility to help him with his behavior? You act like I put him in jail! Him and Prince are coming back as soon as they finish their units, and that's like next month!"

Roc is pathetic.

He'd rather stay on the streets for a petty disagreement. Than live in a house.

"I'm sorry for leaving in a note like that. But I'll come back."

"When Roc? Before, or after you get shot up, or hit by a bus, or die of starvation?"

He shook his head, and grabbed his bag.

"I'll make it Tay."

"Whatever."

END.