Hopeful love Part 2

She decided to head back home after the rough day. She slowly but steadily stood up to get back home. Home huh? Why didn't she feel it was home. It was more of a prison. Honestly, what is home. Home is where you actually feel good about yourself, where you loved and cared for.

However. For her she prefers to be at school where she actually feels at home though she don't show it and her classmates do not really like her. But she knows at school, she feels at home. Even the pig-tailed hair girl she despise, cares about her. She loved it there but now she had no one. She about to take her next step from the fountain when someone called her from behind.

"Excuse miss, but I think you dropped this," said the voice. She tightened her hoodie as she turned around to see the redhead. It was Nathaniel holding her charm bracelet. It must have dropped down when she got up from the seat.

She knew it was Nathaniel which made her become more insecure as he was her classmate. She did like him for a while but who would like the class meanie though she don't mean to hurt people.

It was just the way she took out her anger, sadness and pain. She didn't want to show her face and most of all she didn't want to show that she was crying. She took a deep breath. "T-thank y-you so much," she said in a shaky tone as she took it from his head.

Nathaniel's POV

Just as usual, I went to the fountain near the park to find inspiration for my comic art. I started looking around for inspiration when I heard sniffles. I looked around seeing a girl with yellow hoodie around her head. The hoodie looked so familiar.

I felt sad for her. I wanted to help her but I didn't want to be called a busybody. So, I just waited and looked around. I looked back at her and saw her get up shakily. Something dropped. Her charm bracelet. I picked it up and asked trying to be in the most soothing voice, "Excuse me miss but I think you dropped this."

She quickly fastened her hoodie with both her hands as if she didn't want anyone to see her face. Then, she turned around. She turned to see me. She hesitated for a second and took a deep breath before saying, "T-thank y-you so much." Her voice was shaky but I could recognise her voice. Hmm? I thought to myself. I could only see half her face, a bit of her eyes and her hair colour.

She had light cobalt blue eyes and light honey blonde hair. I would recognise that hair and eyes anywhere. Plus, her hoodie. It was so familiar. I had so many questions. Why didn't she come to school? Why was she crying? Chloe out of everyone was crying on that beautiful day in Paris.

Why? Why? Why? What happened to Chloe. Honestly. I did have crush on her for a while but it was to no avail as she didn't notice me. I am quite shy. She probably don't even know that I study in her class. However, I need to help her though she might scream at me.

She turned around almost taking the next step when I gripped her hand. As I gripped her hands, she gasped in utter shock. I pulled her closer towards me allowing her to turn around facing me. She merely inches apart from me.

She looked so much skinnier than usual. Pink blush tinted on my cheeks but I didn't care about it much. "What are you doing," she started pulling her hand, trying to escape from my grip.

"Well, Chloe. I am not letting go of you until you tell me why you aren't coming to school and most important why you were crying just now," I asked her getting more angry by every words escaping my mouth.

She hitched and froze for almost a minute before regaining composure. "Sorry Nathaniel. I am not in a good mood so it would be best if you leave me alone. Please," she exclaimed in a fake calm voice.

I was surprised. She didn't shout at or anything and most of all she remembered my name. I didn't know how the help her. Neither did I want to give up on her. I then realised that I was still holding her hand.

I let go and just as I did it, the sleeves or her hoodie shuffled a bit allowing me to see the the fresh scars on her hand. I immediately took note of it as she quickly used her hands to cover it. "I better get going," she said as she turned around.