Fear | Adrienette

My worst nightmare. My greatest fear. Darkness.

Darkness. Darkness engulfed the room. One by one light disappeared. It was like falling down to the deepest abyss. It gave me jitters as my breath started to get faster. I whimpered as a big lump formed in my throat. I curled up into a ball and rocked myself back and forth trying to calm down. My heart beat so fast like it was travelling miles. Shivers ran down my spine as I tried looking for any light source. But I couldn't see a thing. My hands turned clammy.

Tears started forming in my eyes and within seconds I started crying. I did not dare to move. My imagination started running wide like in the movies. The curtains swayed form side to side as wind was blown on my body. My body stiffened. My hair stood at ends.

My worst nightmare was darkness and I was alone. Then, there was a flash, followed by the sky's crackling as if it wanted to make me suffer more than I already am. Beads os perspiration formed on my forehead and flowed down like rivulets though I was shivering. I rubbed my palms together trying to calm myself down. The room started spinning around and so did my head, making it worse. Dark figures came out from the whirlpool.

"Mari-trash? She is ladybug. Ridiculous. Utterly Ridiculous."

"Yeah! I can't believe you are Ladybug, klutz."

"The brave and confident ladybug is plain and clumsy Marinette? Pathetic."

"The love of my life is you? Hmm, I expected better ladybug."

"I can't believe it."

"My daughter is a heroine. Not possible."

"It was a mistake to choose you as ladybug, Dupain Cheng."

The figures started circling around me. I tried to cover my ears but it was of no use.

"Ladybug is useless. Ladybug is ugly. She is stupid." The words echoed in my head.

I suddenly felt someone shaking me. "Marinette. Marinette. LB? Bugaboo. Wake up. It's just a nightmare." I heard voices. I jolted awake, perspiring. My sweet boyfriend beside my me patting my back.

"Are you ok, M'lady," he asked.

"Yeah, thanks Chat but it felt so real. Everyone was disappointed I was ladybug and it was dark and..." I started rambling.

"M'lady, look at me. No one is going to be disappointed. Now, I love you the way you are. It was just a nightmare." He cut me off as he gave me a kiss on the forehead.

"Yeah, lets sleep kitty. It was just a nightmare."

Or was it?