Adrien angst

I always loved the colour green. It reminds me of the lush emarald forest, always evergreen. The vast array of magnificent trees, surrounded with small shrubs and bushes. Creepers crawling around the huge trunks. Each leaves coated with raindrop, refleting the nature's ever so blinding light. Looking at the overall forest, spellbounding is the word.

But my mother's eyes were more than this. Her eyes masked away her pain and sorrow. Her eyes emerald. Her wavy blonde hair dancing along her thin shoulders. She was beautiful. Wherever she danced, she spread joy. She looked like an angel to everyone's eyes. She had an hourglass body and there was always a thin smile plastered on her lips.

As a teenager, just a young boy, I never appreciated her. I never appreciated the times I spent with her, the times when it was just my mother and I. The times I had with my mother was always a palm full, never quite enough but I didn't understand. Just a naive boy I was.

But regret everything now. Regrets. But no use. No point of feeling remorseful of my past action because everything was just too late. Too late even for time itself. Too late for anything. Too late to fix it. Too late to say sorry. Too late to cry. Too late to hug.

Everything just went crushing like that. That day, changed my entire life like shattered glass. She was gone. Gone just like that. Carried away by the wind to the underworld. I didn't tell her sorry. I didn't fix my mistakes in time. I wasn't there for her. I was just naive little boy.

11th July 1979.

15 days have passed. Almost two weeks, half a month. I stared up at the ceiling. It was cold, shivering. I felt myself cry all over again. But there was no tears left to cry. No tears. I hiccuped, thinking about that day again. Thinking about the day I wish I could forget. The ceiling fan spun, making me dizzy.

I got up, still sitting on my bed as I looked around me. The room was tsunami disaster. Clothes were everywhere. Curtains untied. Bedsheets crumpled. Broken glasses. Shattered mirror. My heart ached. It ached to much. Too hard to stand. I could feel my heart getting bigger by the minute and all I could feel was emptiness, numbness, nothingness. I forced myself back to sleep. It was just tok hard. I was known as the sunshine boy but now look at me. I feel hopeless. Eyebags around my eyes, dirty clothes drenched with tears. Just an alive body with a dead soul.

I fluttered my eyes shut as I reminded myself. It is too late to regret. It is too late to love. It is too late to cry. Because it was my fault and I have to face the consequences, the bitter consequences.

My bitter life.