Kiss the girl | Kimdine

Requested by: JayXLonnie525

I very much enjoyed writing this Kimdine oneshot and I love the song choice. It matched the context and their background (swimmers). Hope you like it!

Enjoy~

"So? You gonna do it today, Dude?" Nino asked, putting his elbows on his shoulder. Max, Nino, Nathaniel, Ivan, Marc and Adrien gathered around the athlete. Kim frowned in response. He has been mustering his courage to confess to the love of his life but he just couldn't. If he got rejected, he just couldn't accept. Being an athlete has its cons, you just wouldn't accept that you lost. It wasn't a good trait, of course. He had fallen in love with Ondine since the day he has seen her. He didn't believe in love at first sight but after that day, he didn't know what to believe in. Everyday he thinks of confessing but just couldn't do it. It was hard. It just wasn't easy. 

Kim stared at his friends infront of him. The pressure from his friends just made him even more uncomfortable. "I'll do it, one day," He replied firmly in a monotone voice. He knew his friends just wanted him to enjoy and be with the person he love but sometimes, they just wouldn't understand. "I'm just gonna go run," Kim said, walking away from his friends. Adrien wasn't really close to Kim but he understood how it felt. He decided to go after him and maybe, convince him to confess. The pain of not confessing was hard and he had experienced it himself.

"Kim! Kim!" Adrien called out to his friend. As Kim turned around at his call, Adrien noticed a painful and irritated expression on his face. He gulped slightly. "What do you want, Adrien?" Kim asked clearly annoyed. "Umm, I just wanted to talk to you. Do you have time?" Adrien asked, hoping he would say yes. To his surprise, he nodded his head. They headed towards a bench close by. Kim lifted his eyebrows, asking him to continue. 

Adrien carefully structured his words. "Are you ok, Kim?" Adrien asked, timidly. Kim widened his eyes slightly and looked at Adrien intensely. "Yeah, why do you ask?" Kim said, growling. Adrien clearly knew he was lying by the expression on his face but decided to tell him something else. 

"You know, Kim. I loved Marinette for a very long time. I didn't tell that to anyone, not even Nino. It was as if a barrier blocking me to confess, a barrier blocking me to tell people that I like Marinette. Maybe it is because of the way I grew up, without people around, constantly modelling. Maybe I was afraid of letting people into my life. My life was hard and I guess it was the way my life was structured. But you, Kim, you are free. You are free to do whatever you like, free to be whatever you want. Even till now, I can't tell my father firmly that I hate, even despise modelling. You, Kim, your life is written differently. You story is written differently. So I say, you confess," Adrien told softly, his voice quivering slightly.

"I'm sure you know how Ladybug and Chat noir had difficult lives too. They couldn't love each other because of Shadowmoth but look at them now. They are dating. That is what life is about, taking the risk, knowing that the outcome might not be what you want. I'm sure you know that better than I do because you are an athlete. Kim, we don't live very long. So please, do what you have to do now and don't regret your decision for the rest of your life, for you know she might love you back. And if she don't, then it's her loss," Adrien continued, smiling and encouraging Kim to follow his heart.

Kim felt as though whatever that was stored in his heart had been said by Adrien. He felt a new wave of feeling, confidence or maybe, the will to do what he wants to. "Thanks Adrien. I really needed that. I'll do it later. I have swimming practice later with her. I'll do it," Kim said with a smile his eyes shimmering in determination. Adrien internally grinned and cheered at himself. "Let's go tell the boys," Adrien said with a mischievous grin. A blush crept up Kim's cheeks as he kept quiet. Adrien pulled Kim back inside the school as they went to search for their friends.