This town | Marinette Angst

Waking up to kiss you and nobody's there

I wake up everyday with the dream of kissing but you were never there. I am alone in that very room. Everyday, I wake with a smile on my face, knowing I will be able to see you but atlas no. You left me.

The smell of your perfume still stuck in the air It's hard

The smell of you so intoxicating, your eyes can me in a trance. But we are nothing and just friends. It hurts and it's hard.

Yesterday I thought I saw your shadow running round

You are the only thing in memories and you don't know how much you fuel me to keep me alive. The only reason I live is because of you.

It's funny how things never change in this old town

Everything reminds me about you, love. Oh how I wish I could call you that.

So far from the stars

The stars remind me about you, everything.

And I want to tell you everything

I regret not manning up and tell you. But is too late now.

The words I never got to say the first time around

I didn't manage to say, 'I love you.'

And I remember everything

I remember everything I had with you the friendship, the struggles, the happiness. Not one memory, did I forget.

From when we were the children playing in this fairground

I remember playing around as kids. We protected each other. We were overprotective even.

Wish I was there with you now

I wish you were here now. There is so many things I want to tell you. That I missed you.

If the whole world was watching I'd still dance with you

I don't care what people think about us but I will still be with you because you are the only thing the matters.

Drive highways and byways to be there with you

I searched everywhere for you but I couldn't. You were so good at hiding from me.

Over and over the only truth

I cry every night thinking about the truth that I can't find you.

Everything comes back to you

Everything I see, I think about you. To me you are perfect.

I saw that you moved on with someone new

But then, my wish came true, I saw you at the pub we met. We were kids with our abusive parents when we first met. You first held my hand and calmed me down. You were so brave.