• 12 • The Club II

The club was packed to its brim

The club was packed to its brim. Something about the numberless people in the huge open room made me feel slightly claustrophobic. I finally made my way upstairs to the VIP section where I was sure to find Luca. I was right.

"I knew you'd come!" My brother grinned once he spotted me. "You do know you're not here for business?" he pointed to my outfit from the couch.

I was clad in all black, from my pants and shirt to my coat. I ignored his remark and sat next to him.

"Where is she?" Luca frowned at my question like it was the fucking SATs. I rolled my eyes, impatient, "Josie."

"I don't know, she said she'd be here. Damn, did you come to see her or me?"

I simply groaned at his question and sunk deeper into the club's couch.

"Do you really think you're gonna find her sitting here with a pout on your face?" Luca pointed out.

"I thought she'd come to wish you happy birthday," I justified.

"You mean like you did?" He huffed.

"Can't you call her or something?"

"I can give you her number."

"And pass off as a creep? No thanks," I winced.

"As if you aren't right now," he pushed on the low table a bottle of whiskey my way, "You look like you need it."

I accepted it and poured myself a glass. Luca suddenly got up - probably to go hump on a couple girls - leaving me with a few strangers. I took out my phone and texted some people back. About five minutes later, I was bored out of my mind, but Luca came back, "I found Cinderella on my way to the bar. She's on the far end of the dance floor and a teensy bit tipsy," Luca laughed.

My brows furrowed and I immediately got up. I took decided steps towards the stairs and rushed down them. I forced myself through the the pool of bodies until I finally found the 5'8 beauty I was searching for. Except, she looked like everything of sin and temptation with that shiny navy blue dress while she swayed her sensuous hips to the booming music. My eyes were hypnotized by the movement for a moment before I found her eyes. They were staring into mine with a playful glint making them shine under the neon lights. The light euphoric smile she had on confirmed she was indeed borderline drunk. A smirk formed on her beautiful caramel coloured face as her hands began roaming the delicious curves of her body, all while maintaining eye contact. Fuck. She slightly bit her bottom lip while fleetingly cupping the side of her breasts. No, she was definitely drunk. What she wasn't, though, was alone. She was grinding her perfect behind on some guy, the sight of which made all the heat of my body move to my face.

Without even realizing it, I grabbed her hand and dragged her to the men's restroom. She tried to wrestle her hand off my grip on the way but it stayed tight. I could hear her protest, but I ignored it. I pushed the door open and finally let go of her once inside.