ーthree.five : aamir

A few weeks have passed and your education was going smoothly. You had learned what an 18-year-old student would learn at school and all that is left now is college education. You couldn't wait to learn new things again. Even though you hated math, you had to force yourself to study the subject because Cypher said it was necessary. Thank goodness you were a fast learner.

Today, you and Cypher were left alone in the headquarters since everyone went out. It was the weekend so it's normal to have only a few people in the headquarters. Although it felt a little lonely without Raze's noisy bickering about random things and Phoenix annoying the shit out of Yoru.

The both of you sat on the comfy couch while reading books. You groaned in frustration and sighed. "Ummm. Can we take a break, sir?" You awkwardly look around trying to think of a good excuse for a short break.

He sighs. "Alright then. What do you want to do?" He stood up from the couch and put the book he was reading on the mini bookshelf he got it. You were surprised that he agreed quickly since you knew he wasn't the type to take a break that easily. He's a complete workaholic person. He almost never comes out of his room.

"I want to know more about you." You gave him a  small grin and put the book you were holding on the centre table. "You do know that that phrase sounds... Ugh, never mind." He was about to say something but didn't continue it. You were too naïve to completely understand what it meant so you just smiled.

"How old are you?" You asked. "...I already told you that when I introduced myself... I'm 28." He facepalmed which made the situation awkward. "Oh... Haha, right... Gosh, sorry. Why did I even bring this topic up... Sorry." You let out an awkward laugh and scratched the back of your head.

You were about to ask if he had a family but something else popped up in your mind. "Is Cypher really your real name? Like, birth name?" You asked nervously, thinking that you might've offended him with that question.

To your surprise, he answered after a few moments of silence. "Aamir. My name is Aamir and I'm from Morocco." "But I didn't ask where you were bor-" "Shhhh, I made the choice to say it. Don't ask questions." "Oh, okay."

There was silence.

God, it was so awkward you just wanted to go ahead and turn into dust.

"What about you? Is (Y/n) just your name?" He broke the tense atmosphere and decided to speak. "My name's just (Y/n)... My last name, well... It's (L/n). It's not that special, hahahaha..." You looked away from him from embarrassment.  "Hey, it's okay. There's no need to be so embarrassed. After all, we're family now." He reassured you while giving you light pats on the back.

The topic was too personal but Cypher decided to answer your questions. You were quite amused that this guy had no wife and children at all. Plus, completely a virg-

Cypher

I don't mind telling her things about me. I don't mind her asking things about me. As long as she's satisfied, I'm alright with that. This poor soul has been through a lot and probably has no one to rely on. So I'll be that shoulder she can trust when she's having a hard time.

This isn't like me at all but I want to know her more. I want to get closer to her. I want to make her happy. I don't want to lose her just like I did with Nora...

But something seems off about her... It's probably just my imagination though. There's no way she's one of those copycats.

。。。