ーnineteen : new enemies

Cypher hugged you tight as the both of you hid inside a closet. He had no weapon on him and so did you too. He told you that one if their greatest enemies attacked them with a single reason. To get you.

You almost passed out when you heard that they were after you. Why was everyone coming after you anyway?! You sweat-dropped as you lay your head on Cypher's chest. This was very awkward but you had to bear with it. For the safety, (Y/n). For the safety. Your face reddened when you could smell his cologne. It was intoxicating. God, why is everyone's cologne smell so godly? You closed your eyes and waited for Cypher to tell at you to move.

After fifteen minutes that seemed like forever, Sage came to the rescue and escorted the both of you to the armory.

"You're gonna have to fight with us, (Y/n). We trust that you won't escape..." Sage gave you a handgun. Specifically a Glock 19. It was one of the weapons you were familiar with.

"Pick your weapon there." Sage pointed to the armory with guns loaded. You met with Jett while picking your weapon and she said that an AR15 or M4 would be nice to use if you were going on full offensive. But you went in with a simple Spectre anyway since it was the only gun you were familiar with.

"You ready?" Jett nudged you out of your daydreaming phase. "... Maybe." You followed the team outside the battlefield. It was your first time going outside in a while.

Outside the building wasn't what you expected. It was like an old city that was transformed into a modern workplace spot. Then you weren't in the middle of nowhere after all? You felt relieved.

"Stay focused. We're making you come with us to test your skills." Viper, who was reloading her gun, stated. You didn't even notice her there, nor did you hear her footsteps. "Y...Yes, ma'am." You tensed up, not feeling good brave enough to speak back to Viper.

You stepped inside the somewhat futuristic vehicle and felt a shiver run down your spine. You stood firmly and prepared for what was waiting for you out there in the battlefield. Then you realized what you were doing right now...

Why am I helping them? Shouldn't I be finding a way how to escape them?

。。。