ーtwenty six : reasons

"Why did you let her go?!" Viper yelled at Phoenix and slammed him to the wall. Viper was very furious that Phoenix let the key to their freedom escape their hands. However, Phoenix expected this to happen already. 

"I have my reasons." Phoenix responded with a cold voice. "And what stupid reason is that for you to actually give up our best card to freedom?!" Viper was getting impatient but she had to hold back. She didn't want to cause a big scene.

"If she stays here, she's going to die. I don't want an innocent person to die." Phoenix paused for a moment. He sighed and clenched his fists. "I overheard the seniors a few days ago." Viper finally calmed down and went easy on Phoenix.

"So? What did they talk about?" Viper waited for an answer. "...(Y/n). They talked about her. They said she was going to be transferred to the main building because they want to continue with their research on her." Phoenix choked out most words. The poor man tried his best to hold back his tears.

"That girl suffered so much because of Kingdom already. She isn't even the (Y/n) we need." Phoenix finally stood his ground. He forced himself out of Viper's grip and walked away from her.

There stood Viper, who was thinking about her actions towards the fire radiant.

"The seniors... Were they really planning to do that...?" Viper mumbled to herself and rushed to the conference room. 

。。。