ーtwenty seven : i'm home

It's the Valorant Protocol Headquarters in Russia. You could see it. You were getting closer. "Phoenix... Do you think I'll be welcomed back?" You asked Phoenix, who was beside you. However, when you glanced at him, he was fast asleep. Cute.

"Of course you'll be welcomed. You're part of our family too." Instead of Phoenix, it was Viper who was piloting the airship replied. "Viper? I didn't even notice you were the one in the pilot's seat..."

"...Just call me Sabine." She responded. For some reason you thought that Viper was really going soft on you now. It's like she changed. But what made her change?

"But didn't you hate being called that name because it brought you bad memories?" You hesitantly asked her. You were afraid that you might've said something wrong so you were mindful of your words.

"I don't mind if it's you calling me that. It sounds nice and warm." Viper  never replied to you after that. You flushed red and thought about how she treats you so well now.

The airship was now landing.

You felt restless on your seat and you were dying to get off. Phoenix woke up a couple of minutes ago and started talking about things you've missed while you weren't in the protocol. He also talked about how everyone missed you so much that it was so cold and quiet in the protocol without you.

He mentioned how he was so lonely without you. 

Smiling like an idiot, you got off the now landed airship. No one was outside so you assumed that all of them were inside the headquarters, waiting for you. The sight of snow gave you bad memories already but you shook those off and focused on meeting the agents.

It was freezing cold and all you were wearing was a not-so thick long-sleeve top and dark (jeans/skirt). You shivered and continued walking to the entrance.

Suddenly, you felt someone put something warm over you. It was Phoenix. He took off his favourite jacket and gave it to you. He held your hand tightly and gave you a smile.

Since he was a fire radiant, everything coming from him was warm. "But Phoenix... Aren't you cold?" You asked him as the both of you walked towards the entrance. Viper was already inside so the both of you took your time talking.

"Nah fam, I'm alright. I can handle this." The fire radiant reassured as the two of you walked towards the lobby.

There was no one in the lobby but there was a piece of paper on the desk which said: 'At the 3rd conference room.' The handwriting was familiar but you couldn't quite recognize it due to your hazy memory.

"It says we should head to the third conference room...?" Phoenix let go of your hand and grabbed the note (respectfully) from you. "Mmm, yeah. Let's go, then." He led the way to the conference room.

Sage

"Is everyone ready?" I questioned the agents who were with me. I received hums and nods of approval. "Okay then. Make sure you guys don't pressure her too much. She just came back from a long ride."

While Viper, Phoenix and (Y/n) were still on their way here, we prepared a small surprise to celebrate the homecoming of one of our favourite agent. She's gone through a lot and she needs all the time to have a fun and relax. Brimstone and I already discussed about when we should send her on a mission next. Thankfully, Breach also agreed that we won't send her in any missions for a while.

We have to focus on harnessing her ability because she still hasn't mastered it yet. However, she can choose whether she wants to train her abilities or improve her combat skills.

No time thinking about all of that. We just have to stay calm and let her have some peace.

Knock knock.

There was a knock from the opposite side of the door, signalling that (Y/n) and Grant has arrived.

"They're here."

。。。