ーthirty two : reyna's thoughts

After hours of traveling, everyone finally arrived at their destination. When Phoenix was about to pull you out of the vehicle, he noticed that you were sleeping so soundly.

At the back of the car, Reyna was glaring at him to keep his voice down.

"I'll take her to her room. Fire boy, you go tell Brimstone and her Uncle that (Y/n) is asleep." Reyna's words sounded so threatening to Phoenix and didn't want to obey her but he couldn't do anything about it since he didn't want to deal with any trouble with that woman.

Reyna carried you on her back and took you to your assigned room which was coincidentally across hers.

Reyna

While I carried (Y/n) on my back, I noticed something strange about her. She feels like human, but at the same time she doesn't. What could that mean?

I know my instincts and I have never been wrong about them.

This girl.

Isn't...

"Huh? Oh my god!" (Y/n) suddenly woke up and forcefully jumped off my back. "Reyna! Ahー Uhm..." She stuttered and struggled to find the words to say. She's anxious, I can tell. Very obvious.

"You fell asleep so I volunteered to carry you to your room." I told her so that she won't panic anymore. "Don't worry, it's alright with me. I'm in a good mood today." I reassured her.

Why am I reassuring someone who I just officially met today? Is it because I'm conscious of the rumors about me that spreads around? Or is it because I want to gain her favor? Either way, I don't want (Y/n) to have a bad impression of me.

(Y/n)

What.

So.

I fell asleep in the car and Grant... Phoenix didn't wake me up and let Reyna carry me? Out of all people, her? Oh my god he's going to be so dead to me later.

I awkwardly walked next to Reyna towards our rooms. During the walk, it was quiet and none of us spoke a word. Until Reyna broke the thick quiet atmosphere.

"You don't need to be so tense with me, querida. I don't bite..." She paused for a second. "...Or maybe I do." She chuckled. Despite her playful behavior, her gaze sent shivers down my spine and that's when I was sure to not make her an enemy of mine.

2nd Person

After a few minutes of what seemed to be an endless walk with Reyna, you finally arrived at your room. You hurriedly opened the door and shut yourself in. Your bag was already on your bed so you assumed that Breach had already put it there before you arrived.

You let out a long, loud sigh of relief. Walking beside Reyna gave you quite the fright. She didn't even do anything to you yet she made you feel so little and vulnerable. She made you feel like she was higher than you and you were just a small person within her palms.

In short, her aura felt powerful and she was much more stronger than you. You would stand no chance against her if she was your enemy.

"Okay, enough with the overthinking (Y/n). You gotta relax. This is why we went to the beach alright? To chill." You breathed in and out. Finally calmed down, you unpacked your things and put them inside the drawer near the bed.

Since you would be staying here for a couple of days, you brought a lot of extra clothes. You also brought some snacks. And of course, your new phone that Killjoy gave you yesterday. Killjoy was told by Cypher that you had lost your phone and you needed a new one so she happily made one for you with some special features.

"This phone is different from what I had before." You smiled at your newly-made gadget. You opened the camera to take a selfie but you were too conscious of your face. However, you didn't let any negative thoughts get to you. You gave your best smile and tapped the capture button.

It didn't turn out bad at all! You were glad that you've become more confident about yourself now. When you were younger, you used to...

I used to....

"(Y/n), are you in there?" A voice from outside your room startled you, almost dropping your phone. Thankfully, you held it tight.

"Yes, I'm here!" You replied to the voice outside. "It's me, Jett! Joon-Hee! Your favourite best friend!" Jett giggled outside your room. Smiling at her silliness, you open the door for her and let her in your room.

"I came here to get you!" Jett happily exclaimed. Raising an eyebrow, you asked her why. "Well duh, dinner! Breach is looking for you, come on!" She grabbed your arm and pulled you outside your room and towards the dining room.

"Wait! I still haven't locked my room yet!"

"Noooo! We gotta hurry! I'm starving you know?"

"No, let me lock my room first, Joon-Hee."

"Ugh, fine... But hurry up, okay?"

"Yeah, yeah."

。。。