ーfifty one : cool down

Siegfried was lying on the bed while he listened to Sage talking about (Y/n)'s story. An unfortunate twelve-year-old girl who didn't get to experience a proper childhood. And then she suddenly gets dragged to the world of Radiants and guns.  The man pitied (Y/n). If he was her father, then he would have treasured her so much.

"Don't worry too much, Sir Siegfried. You and (Y/n) will be safe as long as you're here in the headquarters. The protection here is top-tier." Sage tried to lighten up the mood. As she prepared to leave the room, she advised Siegfried to get some rest to recover his strength quickly.

Brimstone sat in his office. Neon, the new agent recruited by Chamber, was finally arriving in the headquarters this evening. She's been staying with Reyna for a quick overview on what she's supposed to do here. Now it's finally time for her to be welcomed to the family.

A knock was heard on the door. "Brimstone, it's me." Sage's voice was heard. Brimstone told her to come in. "I've found (Y/n)." She started. "And we also found a man called Siegfried Kaslana. Can you do a quick background research on him?" Sage sounded very demanding which made Brimstone pretty confused. But he was also glad that (Y/n)'s been found.

"Alright, I'll look on that later... And, sorry for getting mad at you earlier." The captain apologized. Before Sage left, Brimstone reminded her that the new agent would be coming later in the evening. The healer then finally went to prepare for the newcomer's arrival in Russia's Headquarters.

"Alright, everyone please listen up." And so, Sage instructed the agents that had nothing to do to help her prepare for the celebratory night. So much was happening today, and Sage couldn't help but sigh in exhaustion. Good thing the trio; Jett, Phoenix, and Yoruー were willing to help.

(Y/n)

Ugh, my head hurts. Holy shit. I opened my eyes to the scene of a white ceiling. The air felt cold yet comforting to my skin. I lie on the soft bed, trying to remember what happened before I blacked out.

"(Y/n), we need to leave him behind. The damage is too big for any radiant power to fix now." Sage pulled my arm to stop me from running towards the very house that Siegfried was in. How could she do this to me?! We just settled things from our fight earlier and now she's opposing me?  This is ridiculous.

"You guys are useless!" I harshly pushed Sage away from me and ran towards the burning cabin. Rage consumed me as my train of thoughts were interrupted by a voice, calling out my name.

(Y/n), I am you and you are me.

That was the last thing I remember doing before I lost consciousness... What about Sir Siegfried? Is he alright? My head is throbbing, but I can't help but worry about Sir Siegfried... I sat up the bed and realized that I was inside of the headquarters' medical room. I examined myself and found no injuries... That's good then. 

I composed my breathing and tried to fix my thoughts. I was interrupted when the door opened. I met the glowing eyes of my... Friend. "Aamir!" I feel awkward to be seen by him right now but he's the only one I can open up to right now. "Oh darling! You're awake, thank god." He rushed towards me and gave me a quick hug. His embrace was warm as ever.

"Aamir, I'm really... tired of all that's happening to me." At this very moment, I felt vulnerable and fragile. It's normal for people to have this kind of phase, so why am I making a big deal out of it? I sighed and let Cypher caress my back and comfort me like he always does when I was still staying in the Morocco Headquarters. 

"You don't always have to fight your problems alone, (Y/n). You have us, your family. You can always rely on us whenever you need help. There are many agents out there that love you, (Y/n). If you ever find yourself stuck in a difficult situation, you can always call out to one of us." He said as he patted my head. Thanks to his motivating words, I no longer think bad of myself... For now. 

2nd Person

After hours of working, the celebration preparations were finally done. Cypher told you to get some rest again but you refused, wanting to find out about this celebration she heard.  You convinced the poor Moroccan agent to accompany you outside the room. Cypher eventually gave in and took you out to see the preparations. 

"Don't blame me if Sage gets angry at you..." Cypher sighed as he held your hand while walking through the halls of the HQ. You chuckled, enjoying the silly complaints he's making. "Don't worry, I'll be alright." 

You recognized where you were going. To the big room where they hold parties and big meetings for the Protocol. What's all this fuss all about anyway?  Once you arrived at the venue, you curiously looked around. There were a lot of food that looked very delicious, there were a decoration around the place as if it was some birthday party or something, and lastly there was a banner saying: Welcome!

You turned your head towards Cypher with a puzzled face. He raised his eyebrow at you and replied with a short 'What?'. "Who are we welcoming?" You asked, with a jumbled look clearly plastered on you face. Cypher smiled at this and replied. "The new agent is arriving today. You didn't know?" 

"Oh." You blinked. You were too focused on yourself the past few days, so you weren't informed. You tried to remember what Brimstone said about that agent... "Chamber's recruit, am I right?" Cypher visibly cringed at the mention of the Frenchman's name and nodded. "I'll go and continue my business in my workshop now. I'll be there when you need me." Cypher bid you goodbye and went on with his personal matters.

"(Y/n)?!" A loud gasp was heard from afar. You transfer your attention to the voice and saw a familiar white-haired woman. "Sunwoo!" She ran up to you and asked if you were alright. "I'm fine, I'm fine... I should still be in bed right now but how could I do that when Chamber's recruit arrives today?" 

"Let's go and meet the others then!" Jett straight up dragged you to the place where everyone was gathered in.

Sage surely did lecture you when she saw you walking around. She wanted you to go back and rest, but you insisted that you wanted to help them and meet the rookie. Thankfully, you had three good friends to back you up on this one which forced Sage to let you help.

The time finally arrived, and everyone was wearing presentable clothes for the welcoming of the recruit. You sat beside Jett and across Yoru. Phoenix sat beside the riftwalker, drooling because of the food that was in front. The poor guy was so hungry already, yet he could not eat because Brimstone still hasn't started the program yet.

Your evening went pretty smooth despite the horrible situation you were just in hours ago. You were informed that Siegfried was regaining his strength somewhere safe which relieved you and helped you focus on yourself more.

"Magandang gabi, everybody!" An unfamiliar voice spoke into the microphone. You shifted your eyes towards the stage and saw a girl in winter clothing. Her hair was dyed blue and yellow, her skin was tanned and the aura she gave off was rather... Electrifying. 

。。。

*Magandang gabi - Good evening