ーfifty three : ally or foe?

The next morning, Brimstone had ordered an emergency meeting that all must attend, no excuses. Of course, nobody was absent. Even the agents that were in another country came to Russia just to attend the meeting.

"Alright, since everyone is here, let's start the meeting." Brimstone sat on his seat after he passed everyone a folder. Everyone curiously opened the folders they had and to their surprise, it was empty. "What is the meaning of this, Brimstone?" Reyna raised her hand and arched her eyebrow at the old man. "We've received a very... Unsettling email." Brimstone sighed and turned on the projector. He showed the content of the email, and it was indeed unsettling.

---

Hello, Liam.

You keep your people close, don't you? First the BFD, Engine 8. Then the Special Forces - you and your Ragged Ravens. You would have done anything for them.

And yet, despite all your best efforts, you watched Tariq Porter die. What did Sumaira say when you told her?

Now. After all this time, has anything changed? Or are you leading VALORANT to the slaughter? Do you really think you can save anyone?

---

The sender is very confident in their own words that even Cypher felt overwhelmed. Viper raised her eyebrows at the screen and spoke up. "We're an independent organization so there should be no rats in here, right? If there ever are, then it's our job to kill them immediately. To think that even Brimstone's classified information gets out... Ha." Viper stood up and suggested her plan. To wait and see what happens.

Some agents didn't agree since it was very risky, but they had no other choice since Cypher couldn't even track the address of the sender. Because of this, almost everyone seemed to be on edge after the meeting ended. 

To (Y/n), this kind of happening felt suspicious to her. It is already suspicious but the frost radiant had the feeling that it was more than just blackmail to Brimstone. She did not mention it earlier in the meeting, but she had also received one of those emails. Either the sender was from Kingdom or Fine, one of Kingdom's rivals. Or maybe it was from another person. Nobody, even Cypher, knew who this person was.

"Hey!" A voice called out to (Y/n), who was on her way back to her room, was greeted by the Korean beauty of the Protocol. "Oh, hey Sunwoo." Greeted back (Y/n). "So... What do you think about that email Brimstone received? Seems kinda unreal to me... But the information written there was definitely about Brimstone based on his reaction..." Jett swung an arm over (Y/n)'s shoulder and accompanied her to her room.

"...Well, I think that the email is actually real. Aamirー, I mean, Cypher can't even track down the sender!" (Y/n) sighed and contemplated if it was best to tell Jett about the email she received or not. Unfortunately, her decision was to keep it a secret for the meantime. They don't know that the original owner of (Y/n)'s body has already passed, and the contents of the email might confuse them.

Finally arriving in front of (Y/n)'s room, Jett waved goodbye to the frost radiant. (Y/n) enters her room and collapses on her soft bed. The room was warm, and it made the girl very sleepy. Just as she was about to fall asleep, there was a loud knock on her sliding window which made her sit up the bed. "Who the hellー Oh, Soleil!" (Y/n) stopped herself from cursing to save the little girl's ears and welcome her with open arms. 

"Hey (Y/n)!" Soleil sat down next to (Y/n) and asked her an unexpected question. "Did you receive that message too?"

。。。

guys im so sorry for the late update hello this is soleil gago POOCH GOT COVID LAST WEEK AND HE'S IN THE HOSPITAL RN and i forgot to update cus ive been busy with my work and classes