CHAPTER XVII ANSWERS

JOYCE

Before I could take it back it was too late. I inhaled sharply. Trying to remember what would be my question was. There's a lot. I know but eventually it was all erased from my memory.

I stared him vigorously. Looking for a reaction.

Sadness.

Pain.

Hopelessly.

That's all I could see.

His breath was indistinct and harsh like he was trying to make it normal. His palm on his legs supporting his body. He was nervous. I could say.

I need to remember the question. I need to say it now.

He's waiting. He's waiting patiently.

"Do you promise?"

He nodded. I hope he will.

"You remember when I was on the hospital? I heard you that night .I heard you everyday when you were there. Every words you said even though my eyes were close, I was listening. You told me...you told me to came back cause you were waiting for me. You told me that you will do anything just for me to live again..what was that mean?"

Maybe my question was wrong. Maybe the correct question is why you said that.

He smile. A very short smile.

"Yes..that..how could I forget. It simple Joyce. I want you back. I need you back."

Confusing answer number one. How I am supposed to understand that answer?

"But why when I came back you didn't even talked about it? As if none of it happened? Why you acted like those things didn't happened? "

"because I made a promise.You heard it, right?"

Shit! It's getting worse. I'm not getting an exact answer. Wrong question again.

Next.

"I heard from your Dad..about quitting.."

He snapped. Looking shocked .

"My Dad?You talked to him?"

Gosh! I forgot he didn't know.

"Joyce.. you talked?"

I nodded. Guilty and disappointed with my tactless mouth.

"He talked to me..but it doesn't matter. I want to know if it's true that you wanted to quit. "

His expression is disgusted. Like he was telling me how dare I was not saying anything about his Dad.

" I'm sorry"

I mouthed. His face softened. Thanks God.

"Yes. It's true."

"and it's because you're in love?"

He nodded again. This is it. This is the time.

Wait. Theres more.

That day when we went to the Museum.
Why you held my hand?
Why you kissed it?
Why you got mad about Jef?
Why you showing me confusing emotions?
Why you want me to think that you felt something for me?
Why after showing all the signs you keep on pretending it doesn't exist?
Why?