IV. Life Force Part Two

*By the way, I originally posted this on ArchiveofOurOwn. I have ten chapters currently published there, but I have yet to publish the same edited chapters there yet except for chapter one and two.*

The Aegis Awakens

//Chapter Four; Life Force Part One//

"Nia...take care of them."

The Gormotti girl looked at Pyra in surprise, "What do you mean take care of 'em?" To be honest, it sounded she already knew but perhaps was just hoping that she was wrong. She took a quick glance to to Regan before she looked back at Pyra as the woman spoke.

"Now that we've finally obtained the Aegis...it's better that as few as possible know about it... In other words, the price for their lives have already been paid in full." Pyra stated, and she almost looked regretful about it. She took a quick glance up at her Blade, Sever, who was currently carrying the container that held Malos in it.

"I...I can't do that. These people haven't done anything wrong!" Nia exclaimed which caused Pyra to shake her head.

"Even so... Nia, you know as well as I do that they would not keep their mouths shut about this..."

Nia just shook her head, "No! You already murdered Rex and are kidnapping this girl... None of these people deserve to die...!"

The redhead sighed at Nia, "I figured it would be like this... I'll handle it then." She said before she pulled out Sever's Sword Tonfa. Pyra let out a sigh but flinched when she saw Regan now in front of her.

"Killing innocents, that's just what I'd have expected from someone like you."

Pyra was a bit startled, considering that she had not even seen the other woman wake up or even move. "I don't know what you mean." The Elf shook her head at that.

"Sure you don't... y'know, I didn't expect to see you ever again. After all, you should be dead...right, Mythra?" Pyra's eyes widened a bit at that before she suddenly smirked.

"Hah, so I see you finally figured it out." Then, with a flash of light, Pyra now had long blond hair and gold eyes.

"Pyra, what're you...?" Nia questioned, clearly surprised at the change in appearance.

Mythra said nothing to the Gormotti and simply smiled at Regan, "It's funny that you would dare stand up to me now... clearly, you're pretending to be something you're not. Yet you refuse to show your true self... tell me...what are you hiding from, Regan?" Despite the clear hostility radiating from her, Mythra seemed genuinely curious.

The Elf shrugged, "That's none of your business... Did you really think that I'd let you murder all of these innocent people?" Sadness fell over Regan's expression as she spoke again, "And Jin killed Rex... Rex was just a child...he didn't do anything to deserve that and neither did any of them."

The blonde laughed, "I will admit...I had considered not killing the boy but with you around, the risk was far too high."

Regan raised a brow at that before she barely managed to block as Mythra lashed out with the Sword Tonfa. Luckily for Regan, they had not taken the bow away from her. "That's quite soft for you, Mythra." The Elf commented.

The blonde smiled before swinging at Regan again, "Soft now, am I? That almost sounds like a compliment." Mythra responded before a golden glow came from her hand and she used it to break Regan's stance. The blonde took the opportunity, and Regan was hit firmly in the center of her chest and knocked to the ground.

"You didn't seriously think it would be that easy did you? I guess you're the one who's become "soft", Regan." Mythra said condescendingly, and she lifted the Sword Tonfa to make a final blow. She flinched as a loud noise erupted from where Sever was, and she quickly saw the dark flame engulfing the container that held Malos inside.