XVII. Garfont Part Two

The Aegis Awakens

//Chapter Seventeen; Garfont Part Two//

Maddie knew full well Mythra was very unhappy with her at the moment, but she honestly was not sure if she even cared at this point. Outside of sharing the same element, the two practically had nothing in common outside of one other thing that Maddie refused to think about. Most of her happy memories were with Ant and Regan, but now it was painful to even think about.

At the moment, she was luckily dealing with Pyra. She had to admit, she enjoyed Pyra's company much more than Mythra's. Of course, she knew full well that secrets between Pyra and Mythra were practically non-existent since the two shared memories. That meant that just because she was more comfortable with Pyra, it did not mean she could say things she would never say to Mythra.

"Mythra wants to know why you didn't inform us about Regan... I have to admit, I'm curious about it as well." Maddie made eye contact with the redhead for a moment, and Pyra offered the blonde a smile in response. The Flesh Eater flushed a little when Pyra smiled, "Though, Jin didn't really seem that surprised. You notice that?"

Maddie nodded, "Yeah, actually... Then again, you did say that Jin witnessed her get injured and not regenerate."

The redhead looked down at her lap, "Yeah..." They were all silent for a moment before Pyra suddenly spoke again. "Y'know- back on the Maelstrom- she talked about her mother. She was that Elf that traveled with you guys right?" After she received a confirming nod in response, she continued. "And she is Regan's mother, so she's dead isn't she?" Pyra almost appeared to be sad as Maddie gave another nod.

"I remember her from Auresco...and from the Titan's Core. You two were were quite the team, and I'm quite jealous."

The Flesh Eater's eyes widened, "Jealous! Of me and Ant? You gotta be pulling my leg here, Pyra, or aren't you?" Pyra's expression was one of sincerity, so Maddie came to the realization that she was actually telling the truth.

"We were both awakened by the same person, but you found someone that you actually care about...someone that you chose to bond with of your own free will." Maddie shot her a look of bewilderment.

"But you and Jin-" Pyra shook her head before Maddie could even finish.

"Mythra and Jin." She corrected before she looked down at the floor. "You know that his bond with Mythra is something I could never hope to compare to..." Maddie honestly felt a bit bad for Pyra at that bit of information, and she suddenly felt the urge to comfort the redhead.

Reaching over, she was about to place a comforting hand on Pyra's shoulder when the redhead all of sudden looked up. Pyra's eyes were now gold and with a quick flash of light, Mythra was now sitting in her place. Her eyes narrowed as she realized that Maddie was trying to comfort her, and Mythra jumped up from her seat and shot a nasty glare in the Flesh Eater's direction.

"Don't even think about it." Mythra snapped.

Maddie stood up and backed away a few steps before she raised her hands in defense, "I'm sorry... I just wanted to-" Mythra's death glare swiftly got Maddie to be quiet.

After a moment of silence between the two, the both of them sat back down on opposite sides of the seat they had been on before Mythra had gotten pissed off. Maddie was silent for a few minutes before she finally looked up in surprise as Mythra spoke to her again. "Why are her eyes blue?"

"Huh...?" Maddie was a little confused as she felt the curiosity in Mythra temporarily dominating over the anger and rage.

"Her eyes... They're not typical of Elves."