IX. Such a Cutie Pie

The Aegis Awakens

//Chapter Nine: Such a Cutie Pie//

"You really think the boy would actually win a fight against me?"

Mòrag's question was very understandable, considering the fact that most fifteen-year-old kids would not stand a chance against her. For one, she was a very skilled Driver. Secondly, despite the fact that Rex was a Driver now, he was still very inexperienced. Even being the Driver of the Aegis, Rex honestly had not had much time to even get used to being a Driver.

The Elf shook her head, "I never said he would win... He is stubborn, and I think he could actually hold his own against you for a while." Regan explained before she took a small sip from a flask of water. She really hoped that Rex would prove her right because if he managed to impress Mòrag, that would likely cause the Ardainian to lend them further aid in the future.

Mòrag and Regan had known each other for a little over five years now, mainly due to the alliance that Elvuen had with Mor Ardain. The Elf knew that many thought the continued alliance was proof that Elvuen was scared of Mor Ardain taking over the Elven Titan; however, that was in fact inaccurate. Raymond, the current king of Elvuen, had successfully maintained the alliance due to his sympathy for the people of Mor Ardain.

In particular, Raymond was fully aware that the Ardainian Titan was heating up very rapidly. The Elven Titan was also heating up as well but at a much slower rate. Her brother had actually gained a soft spot for the Ardainian emperor, which was likely due to the young age of said emperor. Regan herself had actually become quick friends with Mòrag, for they both had mutual respect for each other. The Ardainian had still been technically a teenager when they first met, but she had acted far more mature than that.

"That's true... I wonder if you would think the same if he was fighting you too." The suggestion was honestly surprising, but Regan wondered. Since she had first met him two years ago, he seemed to trust her after a few months of her helping him with his arts. He had actually only seen her fight a few times now, but she hoped that he would have realized just how she fought by now.

"I don't know...but I hope he does." Those words were all it took for Mòrag to know that Regan had agreed to what had just been indirectly requested.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"Can't we just use strings to make sure her hat stays on? I mean, I'd rather not waste money on something that is only a little necessary." Rex asked as they walked out of Tora's house. Sixty thousand gold was definitely not a small amount. The only thing that was absolutely necessary in Rex's opinion was the Perfect Range Sensor. The Bion Connecters could honestly just be replaced by strings.

"That probably true... But Rex-Rex already made promise." The Nopon responded, which honestly annoyed Rex a little. Tora did have a point, but the boy found it difficult to justify paying sixty thousand gold for something that could easily be replaced by strings. When he did think about it, he was pretty sure that Bion Connectors could actually be found by salvaging.

"Fine... Let's go." Rex walked further into Torigoth and led the way to the market. The Nopon showed them to the merchant that had the Bion Connecters for sell. Part of Rex hoped that it would be out of stock and that he could salvage for the items instead. Then again, even if they were in stock, he could still attempt to look for the Bion Connecters.

"Ah, you're the Nopon that was staring at the Bion Connecters the other day." The Gormotti Merchant commented as they approached. They gave a strange look to Malos, since while the Aegis' Core Crystal and face were covered, he still definitely stuck out like a sore thumb. Malos huffed a little underneath the helmet, but the merchant did not say anything about it.