VIII. Resonate

The Aegis Awakens

//Chapter Eight; Resonate//

"You sure this'll work?" Rex asked as he looked up at Malos. The Aegis' Core Crystal was now covered by an extra piece of armor, much like the piece that Pyra had in addition to her armor. He would bet that the main thing the soldiers were looking for was his Core Crystal. Its unique shape paired with the color showed that he was an Aegis.

It was possible that they would try to identify him by his face, so he had also made a matching helmet. Malos had never done anything to change his appearance five hundred years ago; however, it took little effort for him to do. He knew that Pyra had to have been created in this same manner, but she also appeared to have her own separate personality from Mythra.

"Don't really have a choice..." Malos answered before they all headed out of Tora's house. He definitely still stood out, but he at least could hide the fact that he was an Aegis. Hoping that they would at least get some decent information, Malos walked with the others around Torigoth as they spoke to several people.

The information was not all that helpful at first until the word "execution" was mentioned. Something felt off about that, but he was probably just overthinking it. They said that Nia was a terrorist from Torna, despite the fact that said Titan no longer lived. Since Jin was evidently a part of this Torna group, Malos wondered if it had been named Torna out of nostalgia.

"Executed... We need to be quick about this." Rex said quietly as they headed to the place where they had witnessed the soldiers attempting to recruit Drivers. When they arrived at that very place, Tora suddenly said something to Rex. To be honest, Malos was not that surprised at the Nopon's words. Tora seemed to be very envious of Drivers and Blades in general, so it was of no surprise at what he said he wanted to see Rex do.

"Rex-Rex should try to bond with another Core Crystal!" Tora said simply, excitement clear in his voice. The fifteen-year-old flinched a little at that and looked around at all the people.

"Keep it down, would you? I don't really think that'd be a good idea with all these soldiers around..." Rex said, and he definitely looked worried.

The Nopon sighed in response, "That true..."

Rex felt a little guilt at the sight of disappointment on the Nopon's face. "Besides, I already have Malos."

"That also true... Tora was just excited to see what kind of Blade Rex-Rex would awaken." The Nopon explained, and Azurda said something afterward.

"Oh, Rex, do you think that a Driver could only awaken one Blade?"

"Well, yeah." The boy admitted before he suddenly sighed. "Wait, is that not how it works...?" He questioned, and the Titan shook his head.

"No, my boy. In fact, many Drivers have multiple Blades for various different situations." Azurda explained before Tora spoke again.

"Tora thinks it'd be a great idea for Rex-Rex to awaken another Blade. It'd be great to have another team member." The boy still seemed a little hesitant, even with Tora's reassurance.

"He does raise valid points, Rex... Besides all that, it would definitely help you put less strain on Malos." While these words annoyed the Aegis a bit, he had to admit that it was nice to know that Azurda did care. Since their chat the previous night, he was sure that he definitely caused the Titan to distrust him. He was glad to see that was not the case, as he honestly enjoyed Azurda's presence.

Azurda's words seemed to help Rex somewhat, but he still seemed unsure. Then, to Malos' surprise, Rex looked towards him. The boy could not see Malos' expression, since the helmet completely covered his face except for his eyes. In fact, they were all looking at Malos. Even Eva, who had been silent since they had left Tora's house, was staring at the Aegis patiently.