X. Rescue

*A spoiler about Jin from chapter five in the game is revealed in the bonus scene.*

The Aegis Awakens

//Chapter Ten: Rescue//

Although he had initially known that something was off, Malos was now fully sure. The fact that Eva seemed very unconcerned about Regan's safety was one of two things that tipped him off. The second thing that let him know that this situation was sketchy, was the lack of any mention of Regan in the information they had gathered from people in Torigoth. Malos would have expected there to be something mentioned about her but there was nothing.

It was nice to see Brighid again, he had to admit, yet he could not help but wonder who her Driver was now. He had taken notice that her head had turned in the direction of Regan, with an expression of recognition, but it should be impossible for Brighid to recognize the Elf. Perhaps Regan knew Brighid's current Driver; however, he would have no way of knowing until they actually found her.

"Here we go." Rex's voice suddenly broke him out of his thoughts. The Aegis watched as Rex shot his anchor and managed to pull himself into the ship through the disposal chute of it. The fifteen-year-old was no doubt fairly light, so the anchor had no problem pulling his weight. Malos knew that would not be the case for himself, but he decided to humor Rex as the anchor was lowered down to his level.

"Malos, you first."

The boy seemed too confident that he would actually be able to pull Malos up, which was something that honestly just amused the Blade. Rex was definitely overconfident, which was a little annoying. Confidence was by no means a bad thing, but Rex seemed to have an overabundance of it. To be fair he had successfully resonated with Malos, but Rex clearly lacked the level of skill necessary in order to fully utilize the Aegis' power.

"Okay... Hang on, Malos." The Blade did what he was told, all the while still curious about how much Rex would be able to lift him. It only took a couple of seconds of Rex trying to pull Malos up before the boy suddenly cried out about how heavy the Aegis was. Malos could also hear the normally wise-sounding voice of  Azurda. The Titan was evidently scolding Rex since the fifteen-year-old had clearly stated the obvious.

The Aegis stepped off the anchor, and he wondered if Rex would admit defeat. The boy fell backward as Malos moved off the anchor. Malos looked over at Poppi, who suddenly launched herself into the air. Her metallic feet actually turned out to have boosters, which allowed Poppi to be able to fly. He doubted she would be able to fly super far, but he had no idea of just what her limit would be.

"Poppi?" Rex asked as the Artificial landed next to him. She simply grabbed the line and lowered the anchor back down to Malos.

"Poppi can handle this. Please, grab again."

Malos did as she said and found himself being raised into the air as Poppi effortlessly pulled him up. "Wow...! That's amazing, Poppi!" Rex exclaimed as he took note of just how easily she was pulling this off. Then again, she was a robot, so the superstrength was to be expected.

"Poppi is Artificial Blade. This is, no problem." The Artificial Blade stated as she looked up at Rex.

"Now, it Masterpon's turn," Poppi stated after she had successfully gotten Malos up with them. All in all, it did not take long for Tora to join them as well. Eva, who was certainly the lightest out of all of them, could actually fly so the anchor did not need to lower down to her as well. Kaevan, since it would be difficult for them to actually be able to get on the anchor and be lifted up, was picked up by Poppi after she had flown down to get them. She then flew back up to the entrance and set Kaevan down.

That begged the question... Why did Poppi not just bring them all up there to begin with?

"C'mon, let's head in," Eva stated as she lead the way, for she felt a familiar presence on the ship.