V. Two in One

The Aegis Awakens

//Chapter Five; Two in One//

"Stop them. Open fire!"

Mythra watched with anger in her expression as Azurda flew away with Malos with them. The man had even managed to taunt her before he had somehow managed to get on Titan's back without even giving her a chance to stop him. "Get them! Ready the cannon!" She ordered as they were now getting farther and farther away.

"It's no use. They're out of range."

"Shit...they got away...!" Mythra practically growled out.

Jin watched her for a moment before shaking his head. "Turn around." He told her, and Mythra gave him a confused look.

"We're not chasing after them?"

"The Aegis has awakened, that's enough for now."

"That'll have to do..."

He turned around and started walking towards the black ship. "Hey, Jin...what do we about her?" Mythra asked as she put away the Sword Tonfa.

Jin paused in his movements, "It's obvious that she won't allow us to take Malos but...something is different about her... She almost seems...human."

The blonde nodded, "Yeah... Maybe, we can use Rex as leverage. Clearly, she cares about the kid a lot... Hey, Jin...why didn't you kill her? Killing her would have made things a little simpler for sure." Jin was silent for a moment before he finally spoke.

"It was a promise..."

•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Regan could not recall anything after Azurda had flown away with all of them. Her head, which already hurt from when she had been knocked out, was pounding. She could not be sure, but she believed that she was resting on top of something. It was not soft by any means, and she was more confused about what it could possibly be than anything. Her eyes opened and at first, she was not sure what she was looking at. It almost looked like...armor.

The armor was black plated, and she looked up a little further and spotted the purple, crucifix-shaped Core Crystal. She knew then that she was most certainly lying on top of Malos, who was still unconscious. Regan raised her head until she could get a good look at his face. "Malos...?"

He did not respond, and Regan suddenly felt the urge to do something strange... something familiar. The Elf was silent as she hesitantly raised a hand and rested it on one side of his face. Malos moved a little, but he did not open his eyes. She watched him for a moment before she looked back at his Core Crystal. The center of it was missing, and Regan had no doubt that the missing part was now in Rex's chest.

"Y'know...it's been a while since the last time you did that."

Her head snapped up at Malos, and he was awake now. It took her a moment to register what he said, but she eventually nodded her head. "Yeah..." She answered before her face flushed red as she realized that she was still on top of him. Regan hurriedly got off of him before she flinched as a sharp pain came from her head. Malos wore a confused expression as he got up from the ground and watched as she gripped her head in pain.

"Regan...?"

She was silent before she suddenly shook her head as she removed her hands from her head. "Sorry... I think Mythra hit me pretty hard on the head back on the ship..." Regan explained before she looked up at him. He was quite a bit taller than her, and she had to refrain from getting on her tiptoes so she could be a little less short.

"Just pain, right...? Are you still injured?" He questioned as he took a pointed glance at her hand. Nia's poultice was still there, but her head had not yet been healed.