Chapter 12 - Ten in Two - Part 1

The stage was set. My plan was in motion. Only a few hours to complete it all. Timing was everything. I called in every favor I ever had to do this, but it was worth it. One mass job to finish them all. A company record. My grande finale. Except, no one will ever know about it.

Zayn and the others were safely at Leicester Square. I told him I would meet him in two hours. It's all the time I needed to finish 'cleaning'. He confessed his love and I returned mines. I shouldn't have done that. It was easier when I didn't care. My carefree attitude was breaking. My mask was cracking. I had to stay cold and detached. I can't be nervous. Nope, this was just another walk in the park for me. Everything was on the line, but I wasn't worried. Watch the clock. The first victim is approaching.

Time: 11:55:14 am 

Place: The Lion's Mane Pub on King Street 

Target: The Polish Barber, Poland's Most Ruthless Hitman

The bartender greeted me as I entered. He was cleaning the counter, not paying me much attention. Just the way I liked it. I sat at a table across from the bar. I held up the daily paper, watching people enter. Two caught my eye. A man and a woman. They walked into the bar, shortly after I did. Frank was my eyes and ears for this whole operation. He was giving me the run on everything in, out and around the pub.

"Get ready to move," he said.

I looked down at my watch.

...11:59:58... 

...11:59:59... 

...12:00:00...

Time to dance. I folded my paper and placed it on the table. I strolled towards the wash room. The woman followed. She walked passed the huge mirror that sat behind the bar. Her golden locks radiated in the sun's reflection. Her skin looked like it was kissed by the sun. Too bad I was going to ruin her flawless look.

She entered the bathroom, unaware of me standing behind the door. She was struck by a needle filled with a strong sedative. She was strong one, a fighter. Her screams were muffled by my hand over her mouth. She even tried to pull a blade out, but I kicked it away. Slowly, she was down. I dragged her lifeless body to one of the stalls, drooping her head against the toilet. I stared at the knife on the floor and got a better idea. You like blades, I thought. I have the perfect plan for you. The drug was strong enough to keep her motionless, but fully conscious. I wanted her to feel everything, even if she couldn't do anything about it. A tear dropped from her eye, as I slit both of her wrists several times. It would only take a few minutes for her to bleed out. A slow and rather painful death. Mascara ran down her face, adding to the illusion. They wanted Zayn to commit suicide. It was time to return the favor. As I stared at her pale skin, I noticed she looked familiar. I think I've worked with her once. I took a picture of her with my camera phone, and sent it to Frank.

"I know her," I told him.

"You don't have time, Delilah. You need to move." He said, abruptly. "I'll run a visual through the database and see what I get."

My earpiece buzzed in my ear as he spoke. I knew there wasn't much time. I left her on the floor, soaked in her own blood. I placed the razor in her hand, closed and locked the stall, as well as the restroom door. I climbed onto the radiator and out the window. The back streets were empty. I ran to a waiting car in the alley and off to the next location. One down, nine more to go.

Time: 12:17:35 pm 

Death: Suicide by Slit Wrists

"You looking good on time," Frank stated. "You wouldn't want to be late for you're first real job."