Chapter 9 - The Company

*Back at The Company*

John bursted into Aaron's lab, scaring him senseless.

"John," Aaron said, breathless. "Why do you always barge in here like that?"

John looked at him, suspiciously. "Why do you always jump when I barge in?"

Aaron laughed, "Because you always barge in. Why can't you walk in like normal people?"

"The same reason why you don't shoot first and ask questions later."

Aaron caught his breathe and went bak to work. He was secretly researching ArtA Records for me.

"What are you working on," John asked.

"That stupid Polish case. I'm still waiting for the computer to kick out a common reference for me."

"Hmm," John mumbled. "So...have you heard from Delilah? It's been a few days and I haven't heard anything about this case of hers."

"No," Aaron lied. "She was suppose to call me but she must have forgot."

John circled around Aaron and stood in front of him. The only thing that stood between them was our mainframe computers.

"Why? What's going on, John?"

"Well," John started. " I heard from a local op that she's gone rogue. Do you know anything about that?"

"Delilah? Rogue? I highly doubt that."

"I hope so, for her sake. I like Delilah but rumors like these are going I get her killed. It could get all of us killed. We never question a mission. We just complete them..."

"I know that and she knows that. Besides, No one is better at it than Delilah." Aaron added.

John picked up a piece of paper and wrote something on it. Then, he handed it to Aaron and walked towards the door. "If you hear from her, you let me know first. You hear?"

"Sure thing, boss." Aaron smiled.

"And Aaron." John grinned. "...the next time you want to do your own research on company time, make sure no one knows about it."

Aaron froze, "Sir?"

"We know everything." John stated. "Shoot first, Aaron. Shoot first."

John stared at him and nodded. Then, he left Aaron alone. Aaron sat there, in shocked. He wasn't sure what to make of John's statement. He looked at the paper John handed him and read it.

'Abort mission. Delilah in danger. OP-33710. Tell no one.'

It was a warning. Delilah was in danger and she needed his help. Aaron shredded the paper and dumped the threads in the furness. He sent her an encrypted file with everything she needed to finished the job. Then, he magnetized every computer in the lab, packed up his laptop and left the office.

That was the last time anyone heard from him.

***********************

Zayn and I slept in Niall's room, on the couch across from his bed. I woke up in the middle of the night from an unusual sound. Niall was sitting up on the bed, playing on his laptop. He was watching a movie. I guess he couldnt sleep. Zayn, on the other hand, was curled up into a small ball. I was still wearing my leather pants, that were started to stick to my legs. But I didn't really care. I got up, and covered him with a blanket. I crawled onto the bed next Niall. I leaned a few of his pillows against the headboard and pulled the duvet over my legs. He tilted the computer so I could watch the movie with him. It was pretty quiet for a while.