Chapter 1 - Princess Eliza

*A Few Months Earlier*

Assignment: Princess Eliza

Location: Hotel Plaza Athenee, Paris, France

Case: High Profile – Level 2, Q&S (Quickly and Silently)

*A Distorted Recording from The Company*

Good Morning, Delilah. You have been assigned to Princess Eliza. She will be at the Hotel Plaza Athenee, Paris. When you get there, there will be room listed under the name Amélie Leoné, a French businesswoman traveling for the first time and wish to not be disturbed. The target will be on the 7th floor. Eliminate the target, and get out as quickly as possible. If you are caught or killed, The Company will have no knowledge of you or your actions. This tape will self-destruct in 10 seconds. Good Luck.

*End of Recording*

This was one of my easiest missions. I’ve only completed two high profile cases before this. But the objection was basic and simple: Get in, get out and don’t get caught. I’m a trained assassin. A cleaner, if you will. I clean up other people’s dirty little secrets. I never know where the cases come from and I never ask questions. Questions get you killed. I’ve be in this business for as long as I can remember. My mother died in a house fire when I was a baby. My father was killed in a car crash that same year. So, I was told. One of several orphans raised by The Company, to rid the world of unspeakable evils. Recently, these evils have been more politicians’ mistresses, instead of terrorist. But who am I to tell them the difference? My job is to complete my mission. And I don’t fail.

I took a taxi to the Hotel Plaza. I stared at my reflection in my compact mirror. I applied my red MAC lipstick. It looked great against my fair complexion. The driver repeatedly looked in the rear-viewed mirror at my every move. My jet black hair was pulled back into a classy bun. I adjusted my pinstriped skirt, to reveal my velvety smooth black hosieries. He stared down my white satin blouse. It fell softly down the middle of my chest. I leaned forward a few times, just to give him a show. It was the middle of rush hour and he was surely enjoying the view.

“We’re here, madame.” He announced.

“Merci,” I told him. My breast fell forward, revealing a black bra strap. I gave him 52 euros, and grabbed my briefcase.

The doorman quickly opened the taxi car, “Do you have any bags, madame?”

“No, just my office work.” I said, flashing my pearly white smile.

“I’ll get the door for you, madame.” He said, running to the hotel door.  He couldn’t get to the door fast enough.

I tipped him a few euros. “Thank you.”

I could feel him staring at me as I walked toward the front desk. In fact, there was an older gentlemen sitting in the lobby that couldn’t take his eyes off me, either.

I approached the front desk and the clerk, straightened up. “Puis-je vous aider, madame?”

Yes, you can help me. You can take your eyes off my chest and look at my face. But I wouldn’t be playing my part, if that happened.

“Amélie Leoné,” I smiled. My chocolate brown eyes studied him as he typed a few keys into the computer and a small keycard popped out.

“Room 602, 6th floor.” He smiled, handing me the key.

“Thank you,” I looked at his nametag. “Pierre.”

I took the keycard and headed toward the elevator. As I was waiting, there was a commotion in the lobby. Princess Eliza and her lover, Luke Von Burgeon, were being photographed by paparazzi. They barely got through the door. It’s like someone told them, they were coming. Who could have done that, I thought smiling to myself. The elevator arrived.