Chapter 16 - Sinister B*|€#

Well, crap. My so-called sister was a traitor. I didn't see that coming. But, I knew there was something about that girl that i just didn't like. Now, we have a serious product I need to get to Aaron before his timer expired. And, I needed to know how Zayn was doing, or if he was even alive. My brain was rattled. Not to mention, my ankle was broken. I was badly bruised and I was bleeding heavily from my shoulder. I just wasn't in the mood for anymore surprises.

"So," Lily marveled. "You're the famous Lola Debaul...aka Rosie Martinez aka Gracie McDouglas...aka The Company's Best. Well, former best."

I slowly staggered upright, leaning all my weight into my good foot.

"Yeah," I groaned, holding my throbbing cheek. "That would be me."

Lily glared at me, laughing at my expense. "You don't look like the best."

I huffed, "I think you spent too much time staring at yourself in the mirror that you can't tell the difference between me and well, not me."

She snarled, as her phone rung in her pocket. She answered, without hesitation.

"Everything is according to plan," she uttered. "Finish it. If he fails....kill him."

Her words were dark and cruel. What other plans did she have for Aaron? How was he involved? Was he going to finish Zayn? Or something worst? That crazy lunatic was up to something and I was going to stop her...Or die trying.

"So, what exactly is your plan," I asked, emphasizing the word 'your'.

Lily grinned repulsively, "Wouldn't you like to know?"

She shoved her phone back into her pocket and pulled out a small remote control device, similar to the one Manuel had earlier. She gently waved it in the air, making sure I noticed the bright red light. She was very amused with herself. I personally wanted to shove that remote where the sun don't shine. But, I didn't let on that it irritated me that I couldn't do anything, especially in my current state.

"Aww," she hissed. "You're not having any fun."

"You call this fun," I stated, emotionless.

"Oh yes, my dear sister," Lily shouted. "We should be having fun together. But you. You insist on allowing your emotions to cloud you judgement and rule your decisions."

I wanted to gasp, however I remained still. The nerve of her. Yet, she was absolutely right. For the first time in a long time, my heart was guiding my decision. I made a mistake then but I wasn't now. My judgement was very clear. I knew exactly what was right and what I wanted. All she was doing was pissing me off more. Her cockiness will be her undoing.

Lily sighed at my silence, "Well...after I kill your boyfriend and your best friend...Hell, I might even kill your ex, just for the sake of destroying everything in your life, I'm going to kill you."

I huffed at her ignorance.

"It is actually quite refreshing to say that out loud," Lily boosted. Then she shouted, "I'm going to kill my stupid sister and her dumb life."

She began laughing at her comment. That's when it hit me. This is MY life. I allowed outside sources to dictate my life for far too long and it was time to take it all back. This wasn't even about Zayn or Aaron or any of them. This was about me. That sinister bitch wanted my life.

I applied pressure to my injuries foot. I couldn't even feel the pain anymore. I was not going to a little brat or a sprained ankle get the best of me. They call me The Beat for a reason. And, it was time to show her why.

My mouth cracked a smile that stopped Lily in her tracks. "Jealous, my dear sister."

I could tell I hit a nerve. Lily's lip curled in discontentment as she snapped. "Of you? Never."

She paced back and forth, chatting with herself. It really didn't matter what she said to convince herself that she wasn't jealous. It was obvious and very depressing. As she went on about inevitable and her involvement, I started to glide closer to her, intently staring at the red light swaying back and forth in her hand. I stopped when she noticed what I was doing.

"Ohh," Lily giggled. "You really are that good. You tried to catch me slipping. Get me all worked up and lose focus on the task at hand."

I smiled grimly, "Looks like your emotions were clouding your judgement...sister."

She snarled. I'm sure she dint like her words twisted back at her.

"You know, I can end his life right now, without a care in the world."

"You could, but you won't," I teased.

"What makes you so sure," she snapped.

"Because...You need him," I reminded her, slowly moving closer. "Isn't it difficult to know that you still have to depend on someone to carry out your master plan?"

"Not really," Lily sighed, staring blankly into space. "Every moving hand deserves a small tick."

A small tick? Where have I heard that before? Did she mean Manuel was this small tick, or maybe one of the moving hand? Either way, I didn't like it. Who was this girl and have they done to her? I had to keep it together. I had enough to deal with, already. She glared at me, as if I was talking directly to her.

"I think its time for a new plan," she smirked, looking at the remote.

Lily stood there for a moment, completely zoned out. There was something in her eyes that told me that I wasn't going to like this new plan. She looked around confused, which was the perfect opportunity to get that remote. It felt like slow motion as I charged at her with full force. She watched me intently. Then, she snapped back, like someone flipped a switch in her head. Lily threw the remote high into the air. While I was concentrating on catching it, I caught something else. Her foot made contact with my stomach, knocking me back. I held my stomach, leaning forward. She tried to knee me in the face but I blocked it. I ducked as she tried swinging at me, but I elbowed her ribs instead. I grabbed her arm and flipped her over my uninjured shoulder. She hit the ground with a loud thump. I looked towards the sky. The remote was falling back down to earth. I tried to reach for it, before Lily swept my feet from under me causing me to fall backwards. He rolled onto all four with fury in her eyes. She wasn't trying to lose this fight. I had other plans. I looked between her and the remote, still hanging in the air. I only had a few seconds to make a quick decision. I flipped onto my stomach, making sure my foot made contact with her face. Too bad it was my injuries ankle. We both screamed in agony. She held her face and I held my arm out, stretching it as far a I could. I was so close. I focused everything I had on catching that remote. Zayn. Niall. Harry. Louis. Liam. Aaron. John. Paul. Even, Frank. My whole life was falling apart and I need to get it back. And like a home run robbing catch, the remote landed in my hand. It bounced a bit before settling in my palm. I immediately wrapped my fingers around the rim, trying not to accidentally push any mysterious buttons. I exhaled, realizing that I actually catch it. I really did it. I hobbled to my feet and looked around. Lily was gone. That bitch disappeared.

I was dizzy, tired, hurt and extremely pissed off. I ached in places I count even mention and I was far from done. I limped to the edge of the building and looked down at the aftermath. Banners and Poster littered the ground, lifeless. A few fans still gathered, huddled and crying. The guys and their security were gone. The hospital, I supposed. If I was going to save Aaron, I needed to get to Zayn. Which meant, I was making a pit stop. It wasn't going to be easy. But, when is it ever. Passed the fans, passed the security, passed the police and passed the assassins. This was going to be the hardest mission yet. Not only to save my friends, but to kill my only family. She was longer innocent. So, bring it on, little sis. I was ready for her.

**********************************************

Wow. No words. Will Delilah get to Aaron in time? What about Zayn and the other guys? Are they alive? Are they alright? What will she do to Manuel? Will she finish this and end her own sister's life? These questions and more, in the final chapter of The Target.

~Imm1025

**********************************************