Chapter 5 - The Boys

It's been two days since I got this case and now I only have two days left to complete it. I was nowhere closer than I was when I started. Why was he so memorizing? It's like I could stare at him for days. Years, even. But that's impossible. I can't be falling for him. I don't fall for marks. I just don't. I tried to convince myself that it couldn't be me. It's the case. It has to be. There had to be something wrong with this case. I couldn't figure it out. I need a professional opinion. I need to make sure there isn't anything in the files that tells me otherwise. I decided to give Aaron a call and see if there was anything in this case that I should know. He answered the phone, excited as always.

"Hey, Delilah," Aaron answered. "I've missed you."

"Hey Aaron," I smiled. "Is this line secured?"

He laughed. "It's my cell. Of course, it is."

I hesitated. I wasn't really sure how to ask. I usually don't ask for help.

"What's wrong, Delilah? You're never this quiet."

"It's just this mission. Something's up with it."

"Like what?"

"I'm not sure," I added. "Can you hack the system for me?"

"You know I could get in trouble for this, if I get caught."

"When have you ever gotten caught?" I joked.

"Good point." He chuckled. He started tapping at his keyboard. "Okay, what's op code?"

"OP-1D-P, I think."

He typed a few more strokes and then there was a loud binging sound.

"What's wrong, Aaron?" I probed.

"Nothing," he said, continuing to type. "It is just taking me longer to get in."

"What's that noise?"

"Security system," he laughed. "It's warns me that someone is trying to hack into my system. But I know that. It's me."

I chuckled, under my breath.

"Okay, I'm in."

"What does it say?"

"Uh...well...it's..."

"Aaron," I protested.

"Okay," Aaron let out a long sigh. "There are a lot of black lines across these pages. I don't feel right about this, Delilah."

"Anything out of the usual."

"Um...mission One Direction....must eliminate target before they leave before America... They cannot get to America...."

"Yah, I know that already. Tell me something I don't know. "

"Here's something else." He interrupted. It was silent for a few minutes. "Dammit."

"What is it," I asked. "What does it say?"

"There's an encrypted file on here and the clearance level is higher than even yours."

"Can you hack it?" I asked.

Aaron laughed, "Of course, I can hack. But this one is going to take me a little bit time."

I sighed, heavily.

"Delilah, be safe," Aaron demanded. "Kill him and out of there."

"Okay." I said. "Just call me when you got something."

"You know I will," he said. It sounded kinda flirty. I smiled, as I hung up the phone. Aaron was never the type to toy with me. But it was kinda nice to know that he cared so much.