Epilogue

* A Few Months Later *

The boys have been touring America. The cities were beautiful. The fans were awesome. It was everything they could imagine and more. The boys were living their dream and having the time of their lives. Only one thing was wrong. Zayn couldn't get over her. Delilah. She was still there. In his heart. Even though, she wasn't really real.

Every concert he performed, he would see her. Or at least he thought he did. His imagination got the best of him. He couldn't concentrate. It just wasn't the same without her. Without his so-called protector. He called her phone everyday, hoping today would be the day she actually answered. But, she never did. Instead, he just heard the annoying voice. 'The person you have dialed has a phone that has been disconnect or is no longer in service'. He tortured himself everyday, starting at her picture. Their picture. Refusing to delete it. Just hoping and waiting, that ine say it can replaced with a new one of them. What she didn't realized is he felt safer with her. He was killing himself. He never stopped looking for her. No one could ever replace her. His girl in the killer red dress...and red MAC lipstick.

**********************************************

The boys really hit it big, selling out concerts worldwide. But the one that shocked them the most was selling out Madison Square Garden. They were more than excited to play New York's most famous arena. They arrived at their hotel a few days early, just minutes from Times Square. Management rented out the entire floor, hoping to eliminate crazed fans that have been known to bang on their doors, in the middle of the night. The elevator was locked and unable to reach their floor without a key. Men stood guard at both ends, securing the stairwells. But it still couldn't keep everyone out.

Zayn walked into his room and saw someone standing by the window. They were just staring...at nothing. He closed the door, trying to make as much noise as possible. But he failed. It didn't even startled the person. He remembered the last person who stood there. He sighed. He wasn't sure if he was really seeing her again. Or, if it was just another figment of his imagination.

"What ya doing in here?" he said, replaying those famous words again. "You can't be in here."

She wasn't alarmed and she barely move. She looked slightly over her shoulder and a smile dance across his face. His eyes lite, with both excitement and fear. She was really here. She came back to him. He slowly approached her, as she turned back towards the window and stared at the skyline. He couldn't be more happier to see her, but we both knew it couldn't be for long.

I stood there, in his room. It look quite different from the mayhem I witnessed before. No one else was suppose to be show. But I knew he would, eventually. It's how we met and it's how I wish for us to meet, again.

He stood beside me, in silence. Scared to speak. Scared to breathe. Then finally, he did.

"I've missed you," he whispered.

I didn't reply, even though I was smiling on the inside.

"You don't how many times, I've seen you before today. I was hoping this time was for real."

I smiled, "Yeah, it's real."

He turned his head to say something, but didn't. He just turned back and looked out the window again. I wanted to hug him, to touch him, to feel him, but I remained still. I showed no emotion towards him. I wanted to be a stone.

"How's Niall and the other guys," I asked.

He sighed, "They're alright, I guess. A lot has changed since you left."

I sighed. A lot has changed since we last met. I didn't know if he changed, like I have, and I wasn't really sure I wanted to find out.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have come back." I crossed my arms.