Chapter 4 - The Bar

I paced back and forth in my room. Trying to figure out how I could pull this off. I mean, I didn’t know him. I don’t like him, so it should be very easy. Simple, right? Right. Then why does it feel so difficult? So different? It’s like something about this case was off. I just couldn’t put my finger on it. Night was falling and the hallway was getting noisy again…and I still needed that drink. I decided to doll myself up and head downstairs to The Bar. Yes, it’s actually called ‘The Bar’.  Surprisingly fancy, if you ask me. It was so close to being a cool nightclub, minus the house music.

I stopped at the entrance of the bar. I thought to myself, I’m not here for anything other than a drink. So, keep it together Delilah. As I walked towards to bar, my big flowing curls seemed to blow in the invisible wind. All eyes seem to break from where they were and to all on me. And why wouldn’t they. I was wearing a sexy red strapless couture dress, and black strappy stilettos by Domina. I sat down on a black wooden stool at the bar and crossed my legs at the knees.

The bartender approached me with his eye widened, “What can I get for you?”

“A Cosmo, please?” I bit my lip.

He shook the mixtures, poured them into a martini glass and placed my drink on a napkin.

“How much do I owe you?” I asked.

He smiled. “It’s on the house.”

I placed my black clutch on my lap. I took a few sips of my rosy drink, contemplating my next move. Then, I heard a familiar voice at the door. I looked over and smiled. Zayn and Niall were standing there, arguing about something. I think I found a new strategy.

“You should’ve wore the jacket.” Zayn complained.

“I got a sweater.” Niall replied. “Besides, I look silly in that thing.”

Zayn shook his head. “Just not the same.”

They look like they were heading to a club or something. Zayn had on all black: a black buttoned down shirt, black jeans and black boots. Niall was wearing a white t-shirt, a black sweater and white Supras. Zayn spotted me, sitting at the bar.

“That’s her.” He said, pointing to me.

“Who?”

“The girl that broke into my room.”

“That girl?” Niall asked. “She’s too pretty to be breaking into places. Let alone, your place. You sure it was that girl.”

“She looked way different but yeah,” he said. “I’m pretty sure that’s her.”

They walked over to me. I turned away, pretending like I didn’t see them. Zayn stopped in front of me. Niall walked around me and sat on the nearby stool.

“First my room, now the bar. Someone might think you’re stalking me.” Zayn joked.

“I was there before you,” I smiled. “Both times, so who’s stalking who?”

He laughed. “Alright. I’ll give you that.”

“Who’s your friend?” I asked.

Zayn was staring into my chocolate brown eyes. He looked passed me to Niall and back to me. He cleared his throat and said, “Delilah, this is my best mate, Niall. Niall, Delilah.”

I turned around to shake his hand. “How are you?”

Niall smiled, “Hey Delilah. That’s an incredible name.”

“Thank you,” I blushed. I turned back to Zayn. “So, where are you fellas off to?”

Zayn beamed, “Just going out on the town…”