Chapter 8 - This Means War

"Can anyone see them?" Paul shouted.

He motioned for the music to keep playing. The guitar and drums started up again, and the curtains came down.

I noticed the weird fog was being released from the exploded balloons. It blended in with the fog from the smoke machines.

"Where are they," Paul shouted, again. "I can't see any of them."

"Open the vents," coughed another one.

The fog was very thick and hard to breathe through. I tried to get onto the stage but returned, slightly dazed and coughing. It had to be one of the assassins. I knew I had to get them away from the smoke. I grabbed the smelling salt and a few tissues from my bag. I covered my nose and mouth with my shirt, and crawled over to the closest guy. It was Louis. He was laying in his side and looked like a sleeping baby. Luckily, He was still breathing. I rolled him into his back and waved the smelling salt in front of his nose. He jumped up, coughing.

"Move," I shouted, pointing to stage right.

He was a little dizzy but nodded. He slowly crawled off the stage. He collapsed again, when he reached the clearing. It was the only area of the stage that the fog didn't reach. It was like this stuff was only meant for the band. I crawled over to Harry next and did the same thing. He woke up, rubbing his eyes and coughing. I didn't speak. I held a few tissues over his nose and mouth and pointed to the clearing.

"...Somebody....talk to me" Paul yelled. His voice was breaking over the mics.

"...it's burning my lungs...I can't get to them..." A guard coughed.

"What's going on," Stan asked, from the front of the stage.

"Will someone get that damn vent open?" Another one yelled.

"I'm moving the fans to their seats," Stan announced.

"Josh, get outta there. The tech got it," Paul demanded.

The drummer looked down at us, confused with his shirt covering his nose. He had the best view in the house. I don't think the smoke even reached him. He jumped down and went over to the clearing. Music was still playing. It must have been pre-recorded. It was a good cover for all the commotion backstage. I made my way over to the next ones. Liam and Zayn were laying on each other. I waved the salt in front of Liam. He woke up and tried to stand up, but he fell to his knees immediately. The air vents finally opened and the ceiling fans made a loud murmuring noise. The fog was slowly starting to clear. I got over to Zayn, and waved the salt over him as well. He looked at me confused, but understood that he needed to move. He and Liam crawled together off the stage. By this time, George and Theo made it to the stage and were helping them.

"Delilah...got the boys." George declared, over the staticky radios. "...She got them."

I finally got over to Niall. I waved the salt, once again. He woke up coughing, just as I was able to breath normally again. I sat him up and kneeled next to him.

"Are you alright," I asked. He nodded.

"The boys are fine," I announce over the radio. "They are all fine."

The music finally stopped playing and the fog cleared. Paul walked onto the stage.

"What happened," he asked Niall.

"I dunno," he replied. "One minute, I'm singing. The next, I'm on the floor."

"Too much fog, I guess." I added.

I looked over to Zayn and the other guys, worried. There were two medics checking them out. He mouthed 'I'm fine' and gave me a thumbs up. I smiled and nodded.