Chapter 17 - The Final Showdown Part 1

The air was thick, my nerves were rattled and the end was near. When I was assigned this mission, I never thought I would be staring at myself in a final showdown. But it has begun and I was determined to end it.

While I was on radio silence, Frank was off tracking Zayn and the other boys. Frank found out that the Medics took him to Saint Thomas' Hospital. The room was an isolated suite and was highly guarded. The only way in or out was through the east wing. We changed a few arrangements before I arrived.

The main entrance was open and available but the Metro Police were on the look out for a girl, seen exiting a nearby building after the shooting and she just so happened to looked like me. I can assume my sister was somewhere nearby. With all the fans outside, I'm surprise they can see anything at all. I couldn't take the risk of being spotted, so I took a different route. I managed to sneak in, through the A&E entrance. Basically, it was the emergency room. I was quickly patched up before Metro was able to search the rooms. I stole a nurse's uniform and name badge before proceeding to his room. Aaron and Manuel were somewhere in the hospital. I needed to get to Zayn, before they did.

I started down the main corridor. Hundreds of people lined the hall. A whole lot more than a ordinary day. I bypassed many of them, unnoticed. A guard spotted me and started to run towards me, yelling to stop. Of course, I ignored him. I grabbed a nearby wheelchair and caught the elevator, as a few doctors emptied out. People scurried and screamed out of the way, while a few more guards hurried my way. I looked at them and smiled, as the elevator doors closed in their faces.

The elevator started upward and I knew the police would try to catch up with me, wherever I stopped. I got off a few floors early, leaving behind the wheelchair and the clothes. When the doors opened, I wasn't there. I already squeezed trough the access panels above the elevator and made my way up, much easier.

When I reached the top of the shaft, I attached a pulley to the wires holding the elevator and swung across to the ventilation duct. I set a small charge on the few wires that held the empty elevator, including the emergency breaks, and send it hurling to the ground floor. That should keep the guards busy for a while.

A loud alarm buzzed throughout the elevator shaft. It sounded like a fire alarm. The police were really on my tail. A random fire alarm was definitely going to clearing out this busy hospital. In addition, it actually helped me get to my location faster than running and hiding.

If I knew anything about Manuel, he wasn't going to let a little alarm distract him from completing his mission. And neither was I.

I slowly crawled through the dirty ducts, towards Zayn's room. I knew exactly where he was because I sent him there. Frank and I figured that since our two crazed criminals had Aaron, they would use his hacking skills to find Zayn's location. We were right. Frank charged the rooms so that those two would go straight to the newborn nurseries. I'm sure big baby Manuel loved his new crib. By the time he figures out what happened, I would be able to get Zayn out and he can come for me.

I found an vacant room, next door to Zayn's private room. I kicked open the panel and dropped down to the floor. The ceilings were high and there way no way to close it again. Luckily, the nurse I kidnapped did a fabulous job bandaging my ankle, or the fall would have really hurt.

I whipped across the floor, peeking out the door. There alarm was silent up here. That probably meant Manuel was close. But it didn't matter. Two guards stood in front of the door, leading to Zayn. I recognized them. It was Theo and Benny from the private concert the other day. I was going to throw a smoke bomb and knock them out, but I had a better, more riskier idea. I causally walked over to them.

"Hey guys," I waved.

Theo quickly grabbed my hand and I almost punched in the face, but realized, he pulled me into a hug. I was kinda shocked. I looked over at Benny, confused.