Chapter 10 - New Target

After receiving Aaron's distress call, I knew I had to find him. I decided to get dress and head to my room. I needed to call my contact. Hopefully, he cracked that file because I needed to know everything before I went after them. Zayn was still sleeping on the bed. I kissed him on cheek and walked out the door.

I unlocked my door and threw my bag on the bed. Just then, my phone rung.

"I heard what happened to Aaron. I'm sorry." He said.

I sighed. "Thanks. What do you have for me?"

"Few things, actually. Which do you want first? The Good news, the bad news, the better news or the worst news?"

"Um...the good news."

"I cracked through the file and there were multiple levels in encryptions on this thing. Your friend sure knew what he was doing."

I smiled, "Yeah, he does."

"So ArtA Records is a front company. It never existed. I'm still trying to break though all those files."

I shook my head.

"So...you want to hear the bad news," he asked.

"Go for it. I'm ready."

"I found the video of Aaron being kidnapped. Lucky for us, there was a camera outside the restaurant. I'm sending the video to your laptop. I don't think you're going to like it."

I pulled out my laptop and opened up the video file.

There was no sound, but the video spoke a thousand words. I watched Aaron walking down the street, talking to his phone. Then, he stopped as a black van pulled up beside him. Three people in black hoodies jumped out the van and slowly approached him. They were talking to each other. Unfortunately, their backs were turned, so I couldn't read their lips. Then, two of them grabbed Aaron and dragged him into the car. He tried to fight them off, but was unsuccessful. The third person looked around, face the camera and shot it out.

"Are you watching this?" He asked as he remotely played the video. "I don't know what you got yourself into but this is deep."

"Yeah, tell me something I don't know."

"He definitely knew them." He sighed. "I'm not sure how much I can help you, but I'll try."

"So, what's the better news?" I asked.

"I have a lock on Aaron's cell phone. His GPS says he's still in the area and it hasn't move in about an hour."

"It could be trap."

"That's part of the worst news."

"At least, I'm ready for that." I said, loading my pistol. "What's the other part?"

"The original target. I can't tell who it was. There was some sort of bracket. Kinda like the last man standing. I'm trying to reverse it to find the beginning hit, but it's going to take some time."

"Okay, Thanks..."

"...Frank."

I smiled, "Thanks Frank."

"You're welcome, Delilah. And, good luck."

I hung up the phone. I was in deep. Deep enough to get killed. I mean, that was the first time I ever heard my contact's name. Frank. Nice name. You get a lot of information when tour near death. Mines was coming. This was not going to be easy. Probably harder than any mission I had before. But, it was Aaron. The only friend I ever knew. I was not going to leave him to die. Not for me.

I took a shower and got dressed. I decided to wear a long sleeve black turtleneck and tan khaki capris. They were a lot fitter than most, so it fit me rather well. I pulled the drawstring tight around my calves.