Chapter 14 - The Moment of Truth

"One Direction!!!! One Direction!!! One Direction!!!"

The plaza was filled with screaming fans. Waves of girls flooded the grounds with posters and their dying love for the boys. Their names were shouted intensely. Ear Piecing. This concert was a massive success. Very last minute to setup, but absolutely perfect. It was just what the boys needed, to erase the memories of the last few days, and get back to their normal lives. Unfortunately, the lost security men weighed heavy on their hearts, making it very difficult to relax. For Zayn, it wasn't the only thing.

"I don't think I can do this." Zayn repeated, burying his face in my shoulder.

"Yes, you can. We practice this." I said, patting his back. "Don't worry, I'll be there the whole time."

"But what if he shoots me while I'm onstage."

"You're completely protected. Don't worry."

"But what if you don't get there in time," he muffled.

I sighed, "I will."

"How do you know that?" He complained

"Because I won't let anything happen to you." I sighed. "You have to trust me, okay."

"I don't like this."

"Come on, Zayn. Do you trust me?"

Zayn lifted his head and took a deep breath. He leaned his forehead against mines and met my loving eyes.

"Yeah, Delilah," he smiled. "I trust you."

He licked his lips, blushing. I rolled my hand up Zayn's back and groped his head. He didn't hesitate to pull me close for a kiss. My heart actually skipped a beat. I was quite...happy. With him. But it didn't last.

"Stop snogging and lets go," Harry shouted.

Niall smiled, "Come on. We got a show to do."

Zayn smiled, then pecked my lips. He hurried towards the stage with the other guys. He looked back and winked at me. They disappeared onto the stage for the best performance of their lives. I waited a few minutes for the music to start. That way, I knew they were onstage and out of my way. Now, it's my turn. I cocked my pistol and waited next to Paul for my cue.

And, The Academy Award for the Best Pissed Off Assassin in a Drama goes to......

*Flashback*

The warehouse was secluded. Just me and him. Zayn stared at me. I told him everything. My assignment. The plot to kill him. The other assassins. Aaron. He was looking for answers and he got them.

"Say something," I said to him.

"I don't know what to say." Zayn mumbled. "You lied to me...and even worst, you want to kill me."

I sighed, "I don't want to kill you now."

"But you tried." He yelled. "I just can't believe this is happening."

Zayn covered his face and tried to fight his tears. He lost that battle.

"Zayn, I'm sorry." I apologized, moving closer to him.

"Stay away from me," He cried, taking a few steps back. "Just stay back. I thought you actually liked me...was worth my time, but I was wrong. So wrong. You tried to drug me, broke into my room and probably killed my friends..."

"...Okay, that was not me..."

"I don't wanna hear it. You're a liar. Did you try to kill Niall, too? Know what I don't even wanna know. You might lie about that, too. I just...." He sighed, shaking his head harder. "'And now want me to believe that you are sorry. How can I forgive you? How do I know that you're even telling me the truth? That you're not just telling me what I want to hear just so you can go on and shoot me. Probably shoot me in the back, too...."