Chapter 20 - The Random Comment

VANESSA POV

Since Sophia and I parted ways after homeroom I mindlinked her that we need to meet by the locker. I hope she won't lash out on me since I ganged up with Damien.

"Hey Vans, what is you wanna tell me that can't be done through our link?" She placed her books inside the locker.

"I did something that you will be piss Soph so please don't me mad." I started rambling.

"Cut it out Vans and stop biting your lip that says you committed a crime against our friendship unless you did." Sophia raised her eyebrow.

"IkindofhelpDamientotalktoyou." I uttered fast.

"You what? Can you please say it slowly and clearly? Geesh!" She rolled her eyes.

"I... uhmm... kind of help Damien to talk to you." I repeated.

"Vanessa! You know I'm trying to avoid him." She exclaimed with a pout.

"I know but he wants to know why you've been avoiding him and promises not to hurt you." I reached out for her hand.

"I'm afraid Vans." Sophia admitted.

"Listen Soph I also know you can't fight the bond with him. So give it a try and talk to him to clear this up. If he hurt you then leave it all to me." I playfully winked.

"Sorry for raising my voice a little I'm just really stressed with those notes. Then your half-brother was kind of nagging me the past few days." She almost breaks down.

"Don't worry I'll talk to him." I squeezed her hand.

"Thanks. Going back to Damien when and where do I have to meet him?" She finally felt relieved.

"At the field where you first met that's his exact words and it's actually right now." I checked my watch.

"I better get there I'll call you later!" She gave me a hug and left.

I was watching her retrieving figure when Garret blocked my view.

"Where is Sophia going?" He creased his eyebrows.

"I don't know." I lied while getting books.

"Don't lie to me. I know you and Sophia share everything." Garret replied in annoyance.

"She is going to meet her mate and I want you to stop showing your interest. Soon you will meet yours and I don't want you to hurt her or yourself please." I closed my locker.

"It's none of your damn business!" He yelled and followed Sophia's path.

'I don't understand what his problem with you!' Rein spit out her annoyance.

'Maybe he is still adjusting to his new life. It's hard to be a part of something that you basically not used to all your life.' I defended.

'Stop taking his side for once Nessa! For the past week you've been trying to be nice with him but he despised you or treats you badly!' She yelled at me for the first time.

'His mother and step father just died Rein and accepting Garret is the only thing we can do for him.' I debated with her.

'Can't you see how he treats and stares at you eversince he got here?' Rein complained.

'Will you stop arguing with me about this? I get it that you don't trust him but he is still my brother half!' I snapped back.

'I understand he is related to you but the way I see it he is not worth it to be your half-brother.' Rein sneered.

'If you can't take it then don't talk to me!' I suddenly regret saying it.

'As you wish Princess.' Rein blocked me out.

'Rein, I'm sorry I didn't mean it that way.' I went to her walls. 

I tried reaching to her but to no avail she ignored my call. It's the first time we argued and she never addressed me with formality. It can only mean she's really hurt and the saddest part of it is I think she's right I just don't want to admit it to myself. A teardrop escaped my eyes until I can't stop crying.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine