Chapter 32 - The Lunch Date

VANESSA POV

It was Monday and I'm staring by the door of our classroom when Sophia and Damien came in. We haven't seen each other since last week so when I saw my best friend I hugged her.

"What happened to you last week? I've been calling your phone but it's off." She pulled away.

"Dad grounded me..." I began telling her.

"I'm sorry Vans. I wish I could do something." She held my hand.

"Dad is still mad at me. I don't know how to win his trust back anymore Soph." I sobbed.

"I understand. Don't worry Marcus will get around." She comforts me until my eyes are finally dry.

'Sophia is right Nessa.' My wolf side comment. 

"I remember did you find your dress yet Vans for your birthday? It's this next weekend right? Do you want us to go shopping later?" She can rant all day.  

"Nope I haven't found one yet maybe Mom called the couturier for that. To be honest I'm not excited about the ball." I groaned.

"What are you crazy? It's your birthday Vans!" Soph overly reacted and I just rolled her eyes.

"Did you just forget I'm grounded? I can't go anywhere without Michael or Dad's guards?" I reminded her and she frown.

"Wait! Garret wanna make up with you right? Maybe he can help you out then we will see if he really meant his words." Her idea is actually great.

"Yah you got it right Soph. I love the idea!! I'll talk to Garret later." My face beamed with hope.

"What about Anthony? I mean you have exactly one week to be with him and..." She stopped midway when Anthony showed up.

'I'll catch up with you later. I will just sit with Damien so you can talk with him.'  She linked me and left.

'Thanks Soph.' I replied back.

Sophia patted Anthony's shoulder and Anthony gave her a short nod. He pulled the chair next to me.

"Are you okay? Why haven't you returning any of my messages I've been worried about you." He creased his eyebrow.

"I'm okay." I briefly respond.

I waved the pen and wrote down on piece of paper. After I finished my explanation I gave it to him.

*** The note ***

                We can't be seen talking right now but I'll tell you the  rest later. Be there on our meeting spot lunch break. XXX

*** End of Note ***          

He mouthed okay after reading it. The class went on but my mind is with Charles. How could I break it up with him when the thought of doing it is already painful? We only have six days before we meet our mate maybe it's best to let Saturday night comes and make the best out of the last days memorable.

'Are you ready to find our mate on Sunday?' Rein broke my thoughts.

'My heart is hoping it's Charles and losing him for my mate is like taking away a part of me.' I confessed.

'I just hope it's him that way we can be happy. You with Anthony and me to Raven.' Rein voiced out.

'Let's not keep our hopes up Rein but I'm glad to know you felt the same way.' I smiled mentally.

'Since it's also his birthday have you thought of the presents for him?' Her question is like a bell in my ears. 

'I haven't but thanks for the heads up. Now let me focus so I can think of something.' I cut our link.