Chapter 34 - The Mate's Scent

ANTHONY POV

We started kissing slow but full of passion and I plunged my tongue and she follow my lead. It's so weird that both of our wolves not even objecting but rather purring with one another. I pulled away from our kiss since we need to breathe.

"I love you Jasmine." I confessed.

"Charles... I..." She was flabbergasted.

"Don't break up with me please I know we had this conversation but---" I was cut off.

"You know we have too." She placed her finger on my lips.

"Tell me you don't love me and I'll leave you alone." I sounded desperate I know.

"I don't lo---ve you..." She stammered.

"Look me in the eye and say it." I lifted her chin.

"I am... not supposed to love you Charles." She bit her lip.

"But you do." I cupped her face.

"Yes and I can't help it." She admitted finally.

I pushed her slowly against the tree and none of us is breaking the kiss. Both of us gave up our virginity and I made a decision to claim her.

"Now you are mine." I stared at her neck.

"YOU MARKED ME?!" Jasmine recovered from initial shock.

"Jasmine, I'm sorry I can't bear to see you with other man." I try to console her.

"HOW COULD YOU BE THIS SELFISH? I ALREADY GAVE MYSELF TO YOU AND YOU DID THIS! WHAT ABOUT OUR MATES!" She pushed me away.

"I DON'T CARE ABOUT MY MATE ANYMORE AND I WILL REJECT HER BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!" I yelled.

"YOU CAN'T REJECT HER AND NEITHER CAN I!" She stared gathering her clothes.

"I know we crossed the boundaries when we started dating and now it got worse because we mated. But I didn't regret everything especially giving my innocence to you too." I blurted out.

"You are virgin too?" She stopped for a moment.

"Correction... was." I marched toward her.

"It wasn't supposed to happen." She calmed down a bit.

"I know but it did. Believe it or not but my wolf didn't object when I claimed you. What if we belong together and we just don't know it yet?" I took her hand.

"What if my wolf rejects the mark I could die because of this?" She pulled away.

All the colour on my face drained in my face the moment she mentioned it. It's true that if it's not your true mate and you claimed him or her they will die. The pain will be unbearable if their wolf rejects the mark.

"Do you feel any different from my mark?" I can see she is having an internal battle.

"I need to go." She ran away.

I run after her suddenly a strawberry and honey scent filled my nostril.

'Mate!' Raven reacted.

I know this is the sign so I shifted and followed the scent with one thought in my mind. I found a beautiful white wolf standing on her four feet. One of the things a mate bond can do for Pura Lupus we can mindlink our mate as soon as we found them.

'Shift.' I anticipated her human form.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine