Chapter 12

(Present)

(Present)

"She fucking cheated on me," He states. My jaw hangs open. She cheated on him? I have no idea how to respond to that. I stay silent as Heath's eyes bore right into mine.

"Heath, I'm so sorry. I didn't--"

"It's fine," He says cutting me off from finishing my sentence.

"Does your mom know?" I ask softly. He shakes his head in response. I did feel sorry for him. His mother basically arranged his relationship with Sasha, much to his disapproval. And then she had the audacity to cheat on him and use his money? That's just low. "Um--" I start but am cut off by the announcer.

Nash is going up first against his opponent. Throughout the whole fight, I wasn't even paying attention to the guys. My whole thought is traced back to when Heath told me that he and Sasha aren't together anymore. 

I have no idea how to react to this. Am I happy? Yes. Wait that sounds mean. Am I sad for him? Yes. 

So many emotions and thoughts swarm my head it almost gives me a headache. I glance up at Heath to see he's deep in observing the fight that's going on. When he told me about it, he didn't seem that sad. He more felt like he was, relieved? I guess I can see why. 

Soon the match comes to an end. Heath and I head to the back where the rest of the guys are. Jed won against his opponent and so did Nash. I guess my good luck kiss really did work. 

"You think there's gonna be double the amount of people who normally come to watch these fights at the fundraiser?" I ask no one in particular.

"I guess. Normally there would be triple the size. The more money we make the better so we can donate," Jed says, wiping the sweat off his forehead with a towel. He's got some cuts and bruises but he should be fine. 

"Oh, this might be a bit shocking and bad timing for this but uh, the fundraiser is being pushed back a bit. I heard some people talking about another promotion for it. This time it'll be the girls going against each other. It's so that the audience can get a taste of both genders going head to head," Kade says casually.

My eyes almost bulge out of my head. What? Why didn't anyone tell me sooner? "What? When is it?" I ask panicking. I am nowhere near ready to face off against another person. 

"Um, one week," Kade replies shrugging.

"What?! Do I have to go up against them? I'm not ready yet," I say panicked. 

"Yeah, the fighters who are participating in the fundraiser are required to do the promotion," 

"Wha---okay, um then when is the actual fundraiser?" I ask slowly.

"They're pushing it back for another month or so. I heard that this will be one of the greatest and biggest ones they've held. More fighters are willing to join."