Chapter 14

Jed drops me off at home at around 9 pm

Jed drops me off at home at around 9 pm. "Thanks," I say and close the passenger side door. I walk up to the front porch and unlock the door, turning around, I wave Jed off. He drives away knowing I made it safely to my house. "I'm home," I shout as I make my way inside.

May pops her head in with a warm smile. "Hi, you hungry?" She asks. Right on cue, my stomach starts to grumble to which May chuckles.

I take a seat down on the stool. "How's work today?" I ask as she heats up the fried rice.

"It was pretty good. I got another special wedding order. This time they want us to make the centerpieces with white flowers. I think it would look so beautiful don't you think?" May asks as she places down my dinner in front of me.

"It would look nice. Do you need help with that?" I ask as I stuff a mouthful of rice.

"I think I got it from here, though you're always welcomed to help. So, how's your workout sessions going?"

"They're going good," Was my simple reply. I think I should probably tell her about the fundraiser, obviously, I won't tell her what the fundraiser is. Just a little glimpse of what I'm planning on doing for the next couple of weeks. "So there's this fundraiser that's going on. And I signed myself up for it. It's just a little event to help donate to families in need," I shrug casually.

"A fundraiser? What for? Like what would you be doing?" She asks curiously.

"It's at the gym. Um basically we're doing some exercises and workouts I don't really know but there's going to be a lot of people there. I'm going to need to spend more time at the gym to trai--work harder to earn more money to donate," I almost blew my cover there. If I had said train, I'm pretty sure May would ask what it is that I'm training for.

She just nods her head in understanding. "Interesting, when is it?" She asks intrigued.

"I don't know, maybe around like a month? I'm not sure," I try to sound like I really am confused about the date. I know the fundraiser is in a month but if I do tell her that, she'll find a way to squeeze herself through just to see me.

"Oh, well if it is in a month then I'm afraid I won't be able to watch you," She says sadly. My ears perked up at hearing the news.

"That's great!" I said, causing her eyes to narrow down at me. "I mean that's great um because a lot of sweaty dudes are going to be there. I'm going to be one of them and I know how you hate when the air starts to feel sticky," I say.

"That's true. But, I do want to hear all about it. So once you get home you better be prepared to give me a whole day's worth of information," She says. 

"Yep, I promise," I say. She nods her head once more.

"Okay then, if there's nothing else I'm going to head to bed. Goodnight Sweetie," She says and kisses my forehead.