Chapter 27

My hands are shaking as the nerves are starting to get to me

My hands are shaking as the nerves are starting to get to me. Today is fundraiser day. I told May about it but she said that she doesn't want to see me get hurt. So she'll be cheering me on from home along with Clyde. I pace around my little back room by myself. The boys' matches are first so that gives me plenty of time to freak out. 

I know I said that I'm not going to be nervous, but that was before the day finally came. Just take deep breaths in. I close my eyes as I feel like I'm starting to relax. Jed, Nash, and Kade are going up today. I wish them the best of luck.

"You got this Prim. You are going to do you're best and even if you don't win, you're still going to get something out of it," I whisper encouragingly to myself.

The door to my backroom opens and Heath walks in. "You good?" He asks me. I nod my head and bury my face in his chest, inhaling his sweet scent.

"I'm just a bit nervous. I didn't know how scary this would be," I say but it comes out muffled since I'm talking against his hard chest. 

His arms wrap around my small frame and his hands come up to cup my face forcing it up to meet his beautiful hazel green eyes. "You will do fine. I believe in you," He says and pecks my lips. "Plus, the guys are going first. So you have nothing to worry about right now," 

I close my eyes once more and nod my head. You're probably wondering why I'm freaked out because I went up for the preview of the fundraiser. Well, the actual fundraiser has way more people than I expected. The preview only had less than a hundred. But this place is packed with a bunch of people. That's why I'm nervous. 

I hear the announcer as Jed, Nash, and Kade get ready to fight against their opponent. Heath and I start to make our way out to watch them. "I'll be out in a second, I'm gonna grab my water bottle real quick," I say. He nods and heads outside. I hear the door close and just as I am about to open it back up so that I can make my way out, the devil enters my room.

"Bitchtoria," I greet with a smile.

She gives me a serious look. "Prim, I just wanted to clear the air between us before we both go out there," She starts.

My eyes widen in shock. "Wow, you actually got my name correct," I state happily. "That's a first,"

"Haha, very funny. Anyway, we're on the same team here. I'm sorry that I came out a bit harsh to you. But I just want to wish you luck okay? You can hate me all you want, but I need our team to win tonight. So, I'm calling a temporary truce between us," She says. 

I raise an eyebrow. "And why should I believe you?" I ask.

She sighs. "I know my brother has probably told you things about me, which leads you to see me this way, but I promise, we can go back to hating each other after this night finishes. Please?" She begs me this time.

I don't know. Side with the devil, or leave her be. She does seem sincere about her speech earlier. And a truce does sound a bit less nerve-wracking. I close my eyes and take a deep breath in. "Okay, truce until this night ends," I say. We both shake our hands.