Chapter 25

I still can't get the thoughts of Heath asking me to be his girlfriend from last night out of my mind

I still can't get the thoughts of Heath asking me to be his girlfriend from last night out of my mind. After an out little moment, we both heard May's footsteps heading towards my room so Heath had to sneak out quickly. I was a bit sad but he promised me that he would call once he gets home. Or once May finishes her lecture. 

So here I am, my thoughts drifting back to Heath while I water some of May's flowers. I guess I was way too deep in thought as I hear May yelling my name. "Prim! Too much water!" She says and runs towards me.

My eyes widen as I take in the situation and quickly set the hose down. "Sorry," I apologize. "At least it'll be hydrated?" I say.

May gives me a look that says 'don't be stupid'. I lower my head from her heated gaze. "Okay, maybe watering plants isn't your best thing. Can you tend to the customers then please?" She asks me and I nod my head. 

I would say that May has definitely cooled down from her anger last night. I walk behind the counter with a frown on my face as now I have nothing to do until a customer walks right on in. My frown is turned upside down as I see my best friend strolling in the shop right towards me. "Hi, how can I help you?" I ask playfully giggling.

"Hmmm, I would like some roses to go please," He says playing along causing me to laugh.

"What're you doing here Jed?" I ask with a smile on my face. 

He leans against the counter. "I came here to talk some sense into that woman," Jed says pointing his thumb backward to where May is watering her flowers. "She's gone mad," 

I shove him on the shoulder. "Don't say that about her. And I promise I'll talk to her about the fundraiser," 

"You better. We need you or else I will send Heath here myself to literally knock some sense into that woman,"

"Stop it," I warn him. Just then May walks over to us.

"Jed, it's good to see you here. What can I help you with?" She asks him. Jed and I glance at each other, causing May to narrow her eyes at us. "Don't start," She says.

"Please? You have to see how good Prim is. She's amazing. And I promise you if you let her do this fundraiser then um, I'll stop bugging you," Jed tries to reason with her.

"Jed, I already said she is grounded. Grounded meaning she can't go anywhere besides the shop. Meaning she isn't able to go wherever you folks do boxing," May says sternly.

"Let me do the talking," I whisper to Jed who nods in response. "May, look. I enjoy boxing. It may hurt like hell, but I'm not doing this for you or for me. This is a fundraiser for a charity and whatever money we raise goes to those families who are in need. I can raise money and help them if you'll let me. Please," I beg her.

She goes silent, thinking. Okay, that's good she's thinking. She lets out a defeated sigh before answering me. "You really want to do this?" She asks with a worried look on her face.