safe with me (requested)

The sound of Jungkook's phone ringing made him look away from you for the first time in a while. He left your side with a kiss on your head and walked to the other side of the room to answer the call from Namjoon.

He kept his eye on you the entire time, worried you'd reach for your phone and see everything happening on social media yet again.

Your relationship leaked early this morning.

To celebrate your one year together, Jungkook planned on taking you out to dinner last night. He booked the entire place in hopes of having some private time with you in a fancy and romantic restaurant. You never ask for things like that from him and he knew you deserved it, so he wanted to treat you to it.

But someone spotted both of you.

You hadn't seen them, though. So on your walk to the car just down the block, your kisses, bright smiles, and loving embrace as he kept his arm around you as you walked together had been leaked for the entire world to see just a couple of hours later.

Social media was divided. Some fans were so supportive, others not so much. People in your personal life were either standing with you in this hard time or completely turning against you.

The boys were checking up on you, making sure you knew they're on your side and they're there if you need anything. The company knew already, refusing to make any statements for Jungkook. He'd be able to speak on it if he chose to, but all he cared about right now is you.

"I'm not coming into practice today. I'm not leaving her." Jungkook spoke quietly as he leaned against the doorway, a sigh falling from his lips as you hugged your knees to your chest in sadness. "I gotta go."

He was by your side again in a heartbeat. He brushed his hand along your thigh in comfort. You looked at your phone as it began to vibrate with messages and news alerts that were sure to be about the both of you. Jungkook took it from you and turned it off before he put his hand back on your thigh.

"Don't read it." He whispered, his eyes on you.

The look you gave him when you looked up at him broke his heart. Your bottom lip trembled, your eyes filled with tears once more.

Instinctively, he pulled you into his arms. He thought it was just sadness again. He thought you were just crushed from the weight of the world and the hurt that you feel from people's cruel words. He thought you were just in need of a wordless and comforting hug from him and he was more than happy to give you as many of them as your heart desired.

But he heard your breath hitch before you started to breathe unevenly. He felt your heart begin to race and felt you tremble in his arms. Your palms were starting to sweat and your hands were shaking.

He pulled away from the hug and gently cupped your cheeks.

Slowly and softly, you spoke.

"I-I can't breathe."

"It's okay." He spoke calmly and tried to clear his own worried thoughts over seeing so anxious so he could try to coax you through the obvious panic attack you were having.

"I'm right here. Everything's going to be just fine. Just try to breathe."

You shook your head quickly, so convinced you couldn't breathe. It felt like there was no air to even breathe, as if you couldn't get any into your lungs even if you tried. You were only panicking more from that. 

It was only when he moved his hands from your cheeks and used one to gently push your chin up, so your eyes would lock with his that you felt even a tiny bit of comfort.

"Just breathe. I'm right here with you and you know you're safe with me."

You nodded and focused on trying your very hardest to breathe.

And it became a lot easier when he made sure your eyes stayed locked with his as he took some deep breaths with you and used his other hand to gently brush along your arm.

"Good girl." He whispered softly, then kissed your forehead. "I know you're scared, y/n. But I'm right here with you. I'll help you through this, just like I'll be here to help you as we adjust to everything together. I know it's really overwhelming, but I know we can get through anything together. Right?"

You nodded and dropped your clammy forehead to his shoulder as the panic attack started to fade away and you felt yourself starting to relax.

"I promise you right here and now that I won't ever let anything happen to you. You know I've always got your back and I'll always be here for you. It's gonna take some time. Things are going to be crazy. But I've got you every step of the way. Because there is nothing and no one in this entire world that could ever change how much I love you."

You lifted your head and to his relief, he watched a small smile tug at your lips.

"I love you too." You said, trying to crack a smile as his eyes lit up a little.

"We've got a lot of people looking out for us. You've always got me and the boys to lean on."

He smiled, hoping to help you see the bright side of the hectic situation.

"I know there's a lot of people that are going to have a lot of opinions. I know you might feel uncertain of how we'll handle it or how things will be for a while. But one thing for certain is that I've always got your back. You can always lean on me. I'll always be here to hold you and love you through it all. No matter what."

"Thanks, Jungkook," you sniffled and dropped your cheek to his shoulder as he dropped a sweet kiss to yours.

"It's what I'm here for. There's nothing in this world that will ever change that. You're mine and I'm all yours. The world is just going to have to get used to that. Because I love you. I'm not going anywhere."

You closed your eyes and focused on the beat of his heart against your chest and his smell that filled your lungs, as well as his lips in your hair and his arms around you.

Things felt scary. You didn't know what would happen from this point on. But you know you're going to be okay. Because you've got Jungkook, and with him, you've got all you'll ever need.