telling him that you were in a bad relationship - part two (requested)

"Are you having a good time, pretty girl?" Jungkook asked as you walked through the city together, hand in hand.

You put your head on his shoulder as soon as the question finished falling from his lips and a bright smile quickly appeared on your face.

"I am. But, then again, I always do when I'm with you." You said.

Jungkook stopped walking for a second, just to steal a kiss from your lips as his fingers brushed gently across your cheek.

"Me too." He whispered before kissing the tip of your nose.

And the giggle that fell from your lips in response made him grin and caused his heart to leap.

"Let's take a short break and go in here for a few." He said a moment later as he spotted a cafe nearby.

You nodded and made your way to the cafe and, like the gentleman he is, he held the door open for you as you went inside.

He followed behind you and when you got in line, his arms wrapped around you and his lips brushed lovingly against your head.

"Get whatever you want." He said. "It's my treat."

You thanked him with a peck on his lips and then ordered what you wanted as you were both next in line.

Jungkook ordered a warm drink for himself since it was getting chilly outside and he paid for it before you both stepped aside for other customers to order.

Once you both got what you ordered, you made your way to a table and sat down.

Jungkook held your hand as you sipped on your drinks and talked about whatever came to mind, giggles occasionally falling from your lips and his.

However, your happiness and contentment with your sweet boyfriend were ruined upon looking up to see a much-familiar face stepping into the cafe.

"Oh, no." You mumbled and Jungkook worriedly gazed at you.

"What is it, baby?" He asked as he brushed his thumb across your knuckles.

"My ex just walked in." You quietly replied.

Jungkook watched as fear filled your eyes and at the thought of your ex being here, his blood boiled.

He still remembers that tearful night when you opened up to him about the trauma that your ex put you through and he remembers how he just wanted to hold you and protect you from anything and anyone that could hurt you from that day forward.

He turned his head and saw your ex since he was the only one in line.

He became enraged and began to clench his fists.

"Jungkook, please don't." You pleaded. "Can we just go?"

"Yeah." He said as his eyes softened and he gently squeezed your hand. "Let's go, baby."

You stood up quickly and Jungkook looked at the door, trying to figure out how he could get you out of there as quickly as possible.

But your chair was loud as you stood up and it caught the attention of your ex.

"Y/N? Is that you?" Your ex asked as he started to walk over to you.

His eyes were bright but you had a feeling that he wasn't happy to see you like Jungkook gets; those eyes don't sparkle for the same reason.

It felt as if they had lit up because he had a plan up his sleeve, something sinister in store.

Jungkook gently pushed you behind him and you put your arms around him, needing to stay close to him to feel safe as fear flooded over you.

"Why are you doing that? Coming on, baby."

"She's not your baby," Jungkook replied to your ex. "Stay away from her."

"I don't know who you are but I'm trying to have a conversation here."

"I'm her boyfriend and there won't be any conversation taking place. She's terrified and she has nothing to say to you. So just go."

Jungkook was warning the guy as he clenched his jaw and glared at him.

"I don't appreciate this, Y/N. You left me and we can't even talk about it? It's been so long. I think you owe me."

"I don't owe you shit." You spoke. "Just stay away from us!"

Your ex turned to look at Jungkook, now viewing your boyfriend as an obstacle he had to overcome to get to you.

"If you know what's good for you, you'll step away from her and let us talk."

"Not gonna happen. You're not going to touch a hair on her head. If you know what's good for you, you'll walk away. Because after she told me about everything you did to her, I'd be more than happy to give you a good punch in that big mouth of yours!" Jungkook said.

He wasn't afraid at all.

The only thought going through his head was keeping you safe at all costs.

"Go now. Before I throw you out!" Jungkook yelled in anger. "I don't care what I have to do. You're not getting close to her."

He clenched his fists as he stared your ex down, angrier than he had ever been before.

"No one touches my girl. Do you want to try me? I dare you." He said as he took a step closer to your ex.

Your ex took a step back and scoffed as he gazed at you.

"I hate you so much." He spoke. "I'll come back for you someday. You will be mine."

"Never in a million years!" You shouted.

"And if you come back around again, you'll regret it. I swear to you." Jungkook said as your ex stormed out.

Jungkook turned around to face you before you breathed out a sigh of relief and threw your arms around him.

"Thank you." You spoke. "My hero."

He smiled as he kissed your cheek softly and pulled away a little, just to look at you.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Thanks to you." You said. "Thank you."

"I'd do anything for you, baby. You don't have to thank me." He said as held you tight. "I won't let him hurt you again. I won't let anyone hurt you."

You closed your eyes as another breath of relief left your lips.

You knew you didn't have to be scared of your ex anymore, or anyone for that matter.

Because you have Jungkook and you know that with him by your side, you will always be safe.