seeing your parents again after the release of 3D (requested)

The silence in the air was awkward as you and Jungkook sat across the table from your parents.

Your boyfriend is trying to look anywhere but at your dad, who has been glaring at him since you two walked through the door about forty-five minutes ago.

"So, Jungkook, how are the other boys doing?" Your mom asked, trying to make conversation to break the silence.

"They're all great." He said with a kind smile. "Thank you for asking."

"You put out another song recently, didn't you?" She asked.

Your dad dropped his fork onto the plate, making Jungkook's eyes go wide.

"3D? I like it!"

"Thank you." He replied as he shoved some more food into his mouth.

"It's a good song." Your dad said as he looked over at you and Jungkook. "But I thought we had a little conversation last time you two were here."

"What about?" Your mom wondered. "What's the matter?"

"What's the matter?" Your dad asked her. "Have you not heard the lyrics?"

"I have. I think it's a great song." She smiled.

Your dad sighed as he leaned back against the chair.

"Look, Dad, please don't get upset with Jungkook about this."

Your dad sighed as Jungkook reached over and took your hand into his.

"What you think about him means a lot to him and that includes the music he puts out."

"I get that. I like him, I just don't like what he sings about all the time. I understand it's normal but you're my daughter. It just isn't my favorite topic to hear about in his music." Your dad spoke. "It's all over the radio and he's very popular, people are going to talk about what he sings about. As your dad, I just feel a little protective."

"That's fair. I understand." Jungkook said. "I'm sorry... again."

Your dad looked at your boyfriend in silence for a few seconds, making Jungkook a little nervous.

"You treat her well." Your dad spoke. "I told you last time, I do think you're a great guy and I like you. You're good for my daughter and you make her happy and that's all I care about. I'm not mad at you, I don't have a grudge against you or anything like that. I just don't know how I feel when you're singing about what you two do in private for the world to hear and talk about."

"I understand, I do. I don't want to disappoint you or make you upset at me or her." Jungkook replied. "I love her more than anything. I hope you know that, even though I sing about certain things, I don't think of Y/N just like that. She's the love of my life. She's my everything."

"That's what I want to hear about." Your dad smiled and your boyfriend let out a breath of relief. "I know this is your album and you haven't taken part in writing those two songs but just know that as her father, it's just... a lot."

"We understand that, dad." You said as you put your head on Jungkook's shoulder. "But I promise you, there's a lot more to this album than you think. It's very beautiful and it means a lot to him and me. Don't judge it by these two songs alone."

"Okay." Your dad said. "I'll let it go and from now on, if there are more songs like this in the future, I won't bring it up. Just as long as you keep making her smile like she does and you treat her like a princess."

"I always will and always do, I promise." Jungkook grinned.

As your dad picked his fork back up and began to eat again, you kissed Jungkook's cheek and he smiled happily.

"I really thought he might reach across the table and strangle me this time around." He joked. "He was fuming."

You laughed before sighing happily as you put your head on his shoulder again.

"You don't need to worry about that, baby."

"I guess not." Jungkook said as he kissed your head. "I love you so much."

"I love you too."

You moved your head so you could kiss his lips softly, both of you unaware of your parents watching and smiling from across the table.

You know your dad is just giving your boyfriend a hard time.

At the end of the day, he knows that Jungkook loves you more than anything and treats you exactly how you deserve, and he knows you've found the one.

That's all that truly matters.