he sings you to sleep (requested)

You sat up in bed with a heavy sigh and looked at the clock on your nightstand once more.

It was after four in the morning and you were still wide awake.

This has become a common occurrence for you now.

Sleep no longer comes easy for you and you've been spending the last several nights wide awake until the sun comes up and then sleeping for an hour or two after.

You'd think with the lack of sleep you're getting, you'd tire out easily.

But it just doesn't happen and, honestly, you're getting annoyed.

All you want is to sleep normally again, the two hours you're getting each day just doesn't cut it anymore.

You groaned as you realized that it was going to be another sleepless night.

Preparing to get out of bed to go grab some water, you threw the blanket off of your lap.

But as soon as you did, it was put right back over you.

You looked over to see Jungkook rubbing his eyes with a yawn as he sat up.

"Lay back down, baby."

"I can't." You sighed. "I just can't sleep and I'm tired of just lying still and not doing anything all night."

"I know." He said as he rubbed your back.

"I just want to sleep. I don't know why I can't but I just can't do this anymore. All I want is to get some rest." You said as you looked at him with a sad and desperate expression.

"I know, baby, I know. I know it's been hard for you lately. I know you want to get out of bed and occupy yourself for a while again tonight but I need you to trust me on this. Because I have an idea that just might help you get some sleep, my love."

You were desperate for anything at this point.

So, despite still feeling hopeless, you laid down once again before Jungkook pulled the covers up to your shoulders to keep you nice and warm.

He put his arm around you under the blanket and kissed your forehead.

"Baby, I love this but it's not going to be enough to get me to sleep." You said and watched him smile sleepily.

"That's not what I meant. Just close your eyes, okay? Relax." He whispered.

Your eyes slipped shut and you waited to see what he had planned that you hoped would help.

After a few seconds, you heard his voice as he began to sing to you.

"Summer has already spread in the air, breeze is already blowing. The last cold snap is going out. The days were getting longer and longer. But my days were still going on and on and on." He sang softly to you.

He used his free hand to brush his fingers across your cheek and even though your eyes were closed, you could tell he was staring at you.

You could feel his tired but soft eyes on you as he stroked your cheek lovingly and leaned in a little more, his voice right in your ear.

You love his voice so much.

He knows just how much comfort it brings you and he knows just how much it can help you right now.

"I got wet in the sun shower and looked up at the night sky. It was quite a lonely night. In the blink of an eye, the dark faded out. Blooming under the sunlight, memories with me and you."

For so many nights now, sleep has been so difficult to get.

It's left you feeling frustrated and anxious.

But now, you can feel relief washing over you as your eyes begin to become heavy for the first time in so long.

You felt tired enough to start drifting off to sleep as Jungkook continued to sing to you, his voice too soft and too beautiful not to melt over.

"Getting sleepy, baby?" He whispered and you just nodded, too tired to speak. "Good. You deserve some sleep."

He kept singing to you and you began to slip into a peaceful slumber as he did so.

"On a starry night, hope my you sleep tight. Shining purple light, thankful to be by your side." He finished singing.

You didn't tell him to start again when he went quiet.

You didn't do anything except breathe softly as he watched you sleep.

Finally, you were sleeping peacefully and getting the rest you so desperately needed and deserved.

Jungkook kissed your cheek softly and put his head on the pillow beside yours before he closed his tired eyes too, feeling so happy to have been here for you and to have been able to help you.

"I'll sing to you every night from now on. I love you so much. Sleep tight, angel." He whispered as he fell asleep with his arm still around you and a smile on his face.