seeing your parents after the release of seven (requested)

"Baby, why are you freaking out so much?" You asked as you brushed your fingers across your boyfriend's cheeks softly.

Jungkook sighed as he met your eyes with his worried ones.

"Because we're seeing your parents today."

"But my parents love you, you know that." You said before kissing his cheek, hoping to calm his worries.

"Well... yeah. But seven just came out and I'm not sure how happy they're going to be about it."

You shook your head with a gentle smile.

"Don't stress yourself out so much about it. Maybe they won't want to talk to you about it." You suggested.

"Okay." He nodded. "Maybe you're right."

He looked towards your parents' house before pulling the keys out of the ignition.

"Let's go, beautiful."

You smiled and got out of the car with him before taking his hand when he was by your side again.

It's been a while since you've been able to see your parents because things have been crazy with work and other things in your life.

But today, you and Jungkook are visiting them and you're so excited.

Walking up the steps of the front porch, you opened the door upon seeing that it was unlocked.

"Mom, Dad!" You called out. "We're here!"

Your parents came running and pulled you in for a big hug right away.

"Oh, Y/N, honey. It's so good to see you! We've missed you." Your mom grinned.

"I missed you both too." You said. "And Jungkook is so happy that he was able to tag along today too!"

Your mom was quick to give him a warm and friendly hug.

But your dad just stared at him.

"Dad? What's going on? You love Jungkook!" You said as Jungkook took your hand nervously.

"Why don't you two come and sit in the living room? Make yourselves at home. Dinner is still cooking and it won't be ready for a while. Gives us some time to talk." Your dad spoke.

Something about the way he said that last part made your boyfriend quite uncomfortable and as you pulled him into the living room with you, he could feel your dad glaring at him.

Jungkook sat down on one of the cozy chairs and you sat on his lap, only to go wide-eyed as your dad sent him an angry look at the sight.

"You two must be exhausted! It's a long drive, right? Are you hungry? Thirsty?"

"I wouldn't mind some water. How about you, baby?" You asked Jungkook as you turned your head to gaze at him.

"I'd like one. Thank you, baby." He said before you kissed him softly.

You prepared to get up, only to have your mom tell you to sit back down.

"No, no. Don't get up. Just relax for a few. I'll get it." She said before leaving the room, making it just the three of you now.

"So, Jungkook," Your dad said, catching your boyfriend's attention. "How are things going with your music?"

"Oh, so good. My album is going to be out soon." He excitedly told your dad. "I'm excited!"

"It's amazing, dad. You'll love it." You proudly said.

"Yeah? That's awesome. I heard seven on the radio earlier. It's everywhere right now."

"You did? That's, uh, that's cool." Jungkook said as he nervously cleared his throat.

"I saw that it said it was the clean version so I went online and listened to the explicit version... that's a very interesting song you put out."

Jungkook shifted around anxiously as you looked between him and your dad.

"You're singing about your sex life with my daughter now, Jungkook?"

"No!" Jungkook quickly replied. "I-I mean, I get how you could get that from the lyrics but I swear, it's not like that."

"Dad, please. You're making him uncomfortable." You replied as you leaned back against Jungkook and tried to soothe his nerves.

"Sorry. I like the song, I do. But I'm just a little unhappy with the lyrics." Your dad defensively said. "And I think I have the right to be. It caught me off guard!"

Jungkook wasn't sure what to say or do.

He just stared at his feet on the floor as he tried to get his thoughts together because he knew this conversation would come up sooner or later.

And he knows how protective your dad is of you considering what Jungkook does for a living and considering millions of people adore him and watch his every move.

And along with that means that people watch your every move too and he knows that your dad is extremely protective of you when it comes to that.

He just wasn't sure what to say.

"Look, Jungkook,"

Jungkook lifted his head as your dad spoke his name again, this time in a calmer manner than before.

"You and Y/N have been dating for over a year now. She's been bringing you around for the last eleven months or so. I like you, I do. I liked you from the minute she introduced you to us."

He nodded in response.

"But you have to understand, that's my daughter. I wasn't expecting to hear you singing about that when I thought of your solo."

"I understand completely, I do. It's not my intention to make you unhappy or to openly talk about our intimate details but-"

"Intimate details?" Your dad asked, jaw clenched.

"Well, I mean, I-" Jungkook nervously said as he looked at you, his brown eyes bigger than ever.

"What Jungkook is trying to say is that he respects you and what you think about our relationship. But we're also grown adults."

"I know you are, I get that. Just singing about it for your hundreds of millions of fans across the world? I don't like that."

"I apologize," Jungkook said. "If it made you unhappy or offended you, I do apologize. That's not my intention."

Your boyfriend was tense and still very anxious as he waited for your dad to say something else.

"You're a good guy." He told Jungkook. "I like you, I do. I think you're the perfect guy for my daughter and I want you to know that. I know you're both healthy adults that are in love and you like expressing that. It's normal."

"Oh, god," You groaned as you became embarrassed over what your dad was getting at.

"But do me a favor." He continued as he stared your boyfriend down. "Keep it between the two of you. No more singing about it for the world to hear. Okay?"

Jungkook anxiously nodded his head before looking at you, both of you sharing the same thought.

"I'll be back, I'm going to check the food." Your dad said before walking out of the room.

"You're not going to tell him about 3D?"

"Not a chance." Your boyfriend replied.

"You're just going to let him hear it for himself? Like he did with seven?"

"That's the plan, baby." He answered, making you laugh. "At least he doesn't hate me... yet."

"He won't. You make his daughter too happy to hate." You assured before kissing him. "I love you so much."

"I love you too." He smiled before kissing you again, cherishing every second of your lips on his before your dad inevitably returns to the room soon.