you break down in front of him (requested)

The feeling of Jungkook's hand brushing comfortingly across your back made you tear up a little more.

It's been a very long and hard week and it seems to all be catching up to you now.

You ended up having to come home from work early today, so overwhelmed that you felt you had no other option.

Your mental health is starting to get the best of you, you're stressed out from your job, you just lost a loved one, and you've been dealing with hate online from some of your boyfriend's fans who are very unhappy about your relationship being revealed.

You're struggling to cope and Jungkook can tell.

"Do you want to talk about it, baby?" He asked, his voice soft and gentle, like his touch.

You let out a shaky breath as his touch made you melt.

Jungkook could sense that your emotions were getting overwhelming and the tears were coming on.

So he quickly pulled you into his embrace.

He pulled you onto his lap and wrapped his arms around you as his lips brushed softly against your shoulder.

"It's okay." He whispered, almost as if he was telling you that you could break down.

And you did.

The tears started to fall uncontrollably and as you sobbed, he held you tight.

Jungkook knows that everything that's been going on lately has left you feeling helpless.

It's left you feeling as though things are spiraling out of control as it all overwhelms you and the only thing keeping you sane and calm is your boyfriend.

"It's okay, baby, it's okay." He whispered comfortingly.

Seeing you this way broke his heart.

He just wanted to make it all better.

He loves you more than he ever thought he could love somebody, you're truly his entire world.

He always wants to make things better for you because as your boyfriend, that's just a natural thing.

But he knows that he can't always do that and for you to feel better right now, you need to break down and let everything out.

You were sobbing uncontrollably, almost to the point where you couldn't breathe.

And Jungkook worried.

"Shh. Breathe, darling."

You shook your head.

"I can't. I can't do this, Jungkook. I'm so overwhelmed. I can't do it anymore."

He swallowed the lump in his throat that appeared from your words.

"I'm here. Try to catch your breath for me." He whispered in your ear. "Focus on me."

Everything felt so out of control and too much.

But Jungkook, as always, was there to comfort you through it all.

"You can break down. You can let everything go. You're safe with me to do so. But you have to breathe."

You closed your eyes and took a few deep breaths as he brushed his fingertips across your skin.

"I've got you, baby." He said.

You leaned your head back against your shoulder and continued to break down, feeling the weight on your shoulders slowly lift as you did so.

You've been bottling everything up for so long and just kept pushing forward but you can only take so much.

It was bound to catch up to you eventually and cause this intense breakdown.

"I'm here, you're okay." He comforted.

You went through a lot of emotions for a few minutes; intense sadness, grief, and anger.

But Jungkook just held you and let you let it all out, knowing that you had to do so to not have another breakdown.

He clung to you, making you feel safe, despite the many emotions you felt.

"Don't let go." You pleaded.

"I won't. Not ever." He spoke as he kissed your cheek softly.

A few minutes passed before you felt that you were okay and slowly overcoming your breakdown.

"I've got you. Are you doing alright?" He asked.

You nodded and took a deep breath, exhaling shakily after.

"Yeah. Thank you for letting me break down." You sniffled. "I needed to. I felt so overwhelmed."

"I know. You don't have to explain. A lot has been going on, it's been a rough week. But I've got you." He whispered.

You nodded before turning your head as you placed it on his shoulder again, admiring his soft features.

The look of love and care in his eyes and the soft smile on his lips as he stared at you made your heart melt.

"I know sometimes you feel so out of control that you just break down. I know how much has been on your plate and I know you're hurting. But I hope you know that I'm here for you and I won't go anywhere."

"Thank you for being here for me. Not just now, but always. I love you so much and I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Well, you don't have to worry because I'll always be here for you." He promised as he kissed your forehead lovingly.

"You missed." You said and he chuckled before giving you a soft kiss.

"Better?"

You nodded and took his hands into yours, holding them tight.

"Thank you for keeping me safe and for holding me when I cry. You make everything better."

He smiled before kissing you again.

"Always. Are you doing alright? Do you feel better?"

"Yeah."

"Good. Just let me know if you need to break down again. I'll be here to hold you if you do."

You turned around and buried your face in his neck as he put his arms around you.

"I'll always be here for you, my love. I promise." He whispered and then smiled a little when you kissed his neck softly, knowing that you would be okay given some TLC from him.