Chapter 31

Akiya found Casey and Carson almost as amazing as her Camelia. The children were always ecstatic whenever the two of them arrived to play and hang out. Eventually Akiya found it necessary to have a ring enchanted to allow her to breathe underwater, so she could enjoy a few more things with the family.

Today was one such day where they were playing on the beach, as Akiya felt much more comfortable on land. Celine and Archon watched with smiles on their faces as Akiya chased the children around as they laughed and tossed sand and water at her. Camelia watched from beside them, the three of them sitting in the sand watching how one of the most powerful people in the world could seem so normal.

Her father put a hand on her shoulder and smiled warmly at her. "You most certainly have good taste." He noted, getting her to chuckle.

"I guess so." Camelia answered. She was wearing a strap over her torso and swim shorts, though both were bright blue. Her mother was wearing the same thing. Her father was wearing shorts and a light vest that was opened in the front, also blue.

Akiya was wearing green shorts and a yellow t-shirt that looked like it most certainly came from the human world though it was cut short just under her chest revealing her stomach. She had tied her hair up into a bun and seemed to be enjoying herself in the sand.

"She's every bit the person she appears." Camelia explained to her parents. "She wears herself on her sleeve and I think it's so beautiful."

Celine smiled and followed Camelia's gaze towards the semi-god who had dove face first into the sand to try and grab hold of Casey who jumped just out of reach with a laugh.

"You're too slow!" Casey shouted.

"You little-"

"Language!" Camelia shouted.

Akiya glanced at her wife before narrowing her eyes at the little girl who stuck her tongue out at her.  "You're lucky your sister's here or I'd get you right good for that."

"How? You can't even catch me."

Akiya scrambled back to her feet and dove forward again this time tackling the girl. She scream laughed as they rolled across the sand with Akiya tickling her. Carson threw himself onto her back and tugged at her ears trying to get the woman off his sister.

"Ow! Ow! Ow!" Akiya whined, trying to reach over her shoulder to grab him only for Casey to squirm away and Carson to roll backwards, the two of them darting in different directions before Akiya could even collect themselves.

"I'm out numbered!" Akiya whined.

"Your family should be here soon!" Camelia scoffed.

"You won't help me?"

"No. I'll just get sand in places it shouldn't be." Camelia rolled her eyes.

"Here I thought you loved me!"

"I do. Hence the ring."

Akiya groaned and rolled onto her back. Casey and Carson wasted no time burying her in the sand.

The sound of beating wings brought everyone's attention to the small group of dragons flying over. Camelia, Celine and Archon picked themselves up to greet their guests as the dragons landed in the sand before shrinking back into their human forms.

Chandra set Galen down and he hid behind his mother's leg and watched as the three water dragons made their way over to the group. Vultorus did his best to not look regal, but he was built like a tank and it made it difficult, so instead he just smiled warmly and waited for introductions.

Mari, Jurgen and Ran made their way up beside them while Nokiya landed and set Aria down before the two of them took turns pulling Camelia into a hug.

"How much trouble did she get into?" Nokiya asked glancing over to her sister who was still in the process of being buried alive.