Chapter 25

Camelia jumped over Akiya's arm as she punched into the obsidian, throwing shards of it every direction. She was easily able to dodge Akiya's attacks, even with only one arm. But she didn't want to risk blocking as she didn't know how much of Akiya's power was being used to try and murder her.

"Can they hear us?" Camelia shouted to Ariadne who was doing her best to tie Nokiya up in a ticket of vines and brambles. The older twin was breaking a few at a time, but was quickly becoming overwelmed by the sheer number that poured out of the nymph's sleeves. Draconian turned her attention from Nokiya to Akiya.

"Do you need help?" The Sword called.

"I'm okay." Camelia answered, side stepping a swing that nearly put Akiya on her face. "She's not trying too hard."

"Nokiya seems to be fighting harder." Ariadne noted as her twin clawed and tore at the vines, doing her best to get free. Akiya on the other hand was swinging wide and slow, like her body wasn't quite listening to her.

"Perhaps Akiya's instincts are working against her?" Draconian noted. "She would have no instinct to attack you as you are her wife."

Akiya went to attack again, this time stopping mid swing. Camelia finally noticed the sweat dripping down her brow, and the crease like she was frustrated. Her fist opened and moved forward again like she wanted to grab Camelia before her hand clenched again, and pulled back for another swing.

"Akiya's fighting against it!" Camelia noted.

"It's probably in their heads clouding their minds. They might not realize they're fighting us." Ariadne offered. "But I can't hear their thoughts!"

"Sorry love. I'm not waiting around to find out what this thing is going to make you do." Camelia grabbed Akiya's arm as she swung again before pulling her arm away and slamming her shin into the dragon's stomach causing her to cough like the wind had been taken out of her. She collapsed onto her knees and leaned her head back like she wanted to roar but couldn't. Camelia didn't hesitate and went to kick her again, this time in the head to try and knock her out.

Akiya's head snapped back up to glare at Camelia almost mechanically. Her arm came up and blocked Camelia's second shin with her forearm before moving fast enough to grab Camelia's ankle with the same hand and pull her down towards her. She grabbed the front of Camelia's blouse with her other hand before pulling her arm back to punch.

Camelia closed her eyes and turned her head. She then heard the impact right next to her head followed by an animalistic whine. She looked back up to see a very pained expression on Akiya's face. Her jaw was clenched in a snarl, baring her teeth as she seemed to glare through Camelia.

"Akiya?" Camelia asked.

Akiya attempted to speak twice before she just snarled again, leaning back and clawing at her own head and the back of her neck. Camelia didn't wait for another answer. She drew her arm back and swung with everything she had into Akiya's temple on the side of her head. Her wife went down like a bag of rocks, passing out completely. She pushed Akiya off and looked up at Nokiya and Ariadne, with the former still tangled in the mass of brambles. She sprinted forwards and pounded the same spot on the other twin's head, getting Nokiya to go limp in her bindings.

They then turned back to Arachne who was being attacked by everyone else. Mari and Medusa were pelting it with arrows, Eydra was dodging and weaving through the scorpion stingers while Ran seemed to have wrapped her net around both of the creature's claws. Jurgen swung his mace through one of the legs on the spider, breaking through the tip.

Camelia went to run in but paused when she realized that she wouldn't be as effective in her human form.

"Camelia!" Ariadne called. "Can your shield cut through it's legs?" The nymph asked she ran up next to her.