Chapter 24

"Holy shit. She looks like Camelia." Jurgen noted.

"Thanks for stating the obvious." Akiya growled before looking at her shield. Camelia wasted no time transforming back into her human form and making her way towards the Valkyrie who stood up to glare at Camelia.

"What manner of trickery is this?" The Valkyrie snarled, looking to Medusa. "You seek to gain my assistance by presenting an illusion?"

"I was going to say the same thing." Camelia retorted.

"I can sense the stench of death on you. You are a puppet brought to life for Medea's bidding."

"I'm a Sword of Power." Camelia answered as she leaned back to cross her arms, only to put her hands back at her sides when she realized she couldn't.

"A Sword of power with a missing arm?" The Valkyrie smirked. "No god would call you back from the dead just to have you become some pitiful warrior."

"I'm still a warrior. And I could wipe that smile off your face with my arm tied behind my back." Camelia snapped.

"She sounds like you." Ran grinned, gently nudging Akiya with her elbow.

"I'm pretty sure that one actually came out of my mind." Akiya answered.

"A Sword of Power needs a wielder, escpecially one with a handicap like yours." The Valkyrie answered.

"I am Camelia Teresi, and I don't need a wielder to fight. I may not be able to beat you, but I will certainly try."

"Doing battle with a Valkyrie is a battle to the death."

"You would walk up here and fight her, even though you're all on the same side?" Medusa questioned.

"Same side?" The Valkyrie questioned, raising a curious eyebrow.

"We're trying to kill Medea." Nokiya answered. "If you try to stop us we'll have to kill you."

The Valkyrie stood up straight, seeming to relax a bit. "You're down here to kill Medea?" She then looked to Medusa. "Does she know of your betrayal?"

"I'm sure she does by now. Nothing gets past her." Medusa shrugged. "She was suspicious when I showed up with legs again, and probably has been watching me intently."

The Valkyrie then looked back at Camelia."Then this is not a trick, is it? You're really all here to fight Medea?"

"Right." Camelia nodded. "Now, who are you?"

"Eydra Teresi." The Valkyrie answered. "If I had to guess, you are one of my descendents."

Camelia blinked. "Are you stupid? I'm a dragon, not a Valkyrie."

"All races can become Valkyries. For the most part it tends to be humans, who do so. But Dragons are also known for it." Eydra explained. "I died in battle long after having my son. He continued my bloodline, hence your birth. I'm your many greats grand-mother."

"So I'm not a Valkyrie?"

"No. But that is what confuses me. You died in battle did you not? I can sense the touch of us on you, but you were brought back by a different entity. Freya would still come to claim your soul even from the human world." Eydra seemed in thought. "So someone else claimed you?"

"Elysium claimed me, and brought me back as a Sword of power. Why are you down here?"

"A seer told me I needed to wait here for something. Something important. So here I remained. I stayed in the forest until the Forge was overrun by Medea's forces. When she bested me she trapped me here where I have been her unintentional protection against the Dwarves. Should they ever make it this far I would gladly let them overrun her, but my energy disables their weapons and machines."